Tue, Aug. 11, 2:13 PM
- IGT has rallied towards $20 on a down day for stocks after beating Q2 EPS estimates, slightly missing on revenue, and announcing a $0.20/share post-merger quarterly dividend.
- Cost savings related to the Gtech merger provided a lift to EPS. IGT is aiming for $230M/year in cost synergies by April 2018, and to achieve 2/3 of this total by April 2016.
- Though officially rising 36% Y/Y, Q2 revenue fell 9% on a pro forma (merger-adjusted) basis. North American Gaming & Interactive revenue -8% to $353M; North American Lottery +14% to $270M (-3% exc. year-ago penalties); International +2% to $247M (+17% exc. forex); Italy -22% to $432M (-4% exc. forex).
- North American machine and social gaming revenue was strong, while non-machine and participation revenue was soft. International sales benefited from lottery terminal and machine growth; Italian sales benefited from lottery growth, and were hurt by higher taxes.
- IGT ended Q2 with $557M in cash, and $8.38B in net debt.
- Q2 results, PR
Tue, Aug. 11, 7:07 AM
Wed, May 13, 7:10 AM
Tue, May 12, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 4:25 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:07 PM
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:13 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Apr. 23, 2014, 2:07 PM
- IGT (IGT -10.4%) posted FQ2 EPS that was slightly above the guidance provided in a March 25 warning, and reiterated a forecast for FY14 (ends Sep. '14) EPS of $1-$1.10. But the company also reported gaming product sales (40% of revenue) fell 27% Y/Y to $202.6M, after having grown 4% in FQ1. Machine units recognized fell 45% to 7.9K, a reversal from FQ1's 20% growth.
- Gaming operations revenue fell 9% Y/Y to $230.4M (-8% in FQ1), with IGT's installed base falling 6% to 53.4K and yield declining 5% to $47; weaker MegaJackpots revenue is blamed.
- Interactive revenue rose 20% Y/Y to $79.8M (thanks to a 27% increase in social gaming revenue), but that's a slowdown from FQ1's 41%. DoubleDown's MAUs fell 1% to 6.2M after growing 26% in FQ1, but its bookings per DAU rose 16% to $0.43.
- Peers are also lower: BYI -3.9%. MGAM -2.1%. SGMS -4.1%.
- FQ2 results, PR, CC transcript
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:10 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 25, 2014, 4:33 PM
- IGT now expects FY14 (ends Sep. '14) EPS of $1-$1.10, below prior guidance of $1.28-$1.38 and a $1.20 consensus. FQ2 guidance is for EPS of $0.17-$0.19, below a $0.29 consensus. (PR)
- The gaming machine maker says it saw "a sharp decline in North American gross gaming revenues," and "further degradation in the international currency, compliance, and importation environment."
- IGT also says it's cutting 7% of its 5K-employee workforce. The cuts are expected to yield cost savings of $50M/year. Nonetheless, the company will continue spending $200M/year on R&D.
- CC at 8:30AM ET tomorrow.
Jan. 24, 2014, 4:19 PM
- International Game Technology (IGT -14.7%) tumbled to within striking distance of its 52-week low ($14.75) after missing FQ1 estimates and stating it its FY14 (ends Sep. '14) EPS is now "more likely" to be at the low of its prior guidance range of $1.28-$1.38, with "potential further downside risk." The consensus is already at $1.28.
- IGT's gaming ops (41% of revenue) remain under pressure: sales fell 8% Y/Y in FQ1 (lower North American MegaJackpots revenue is blamed) after dropping 6% in FQ4. The division's gross margin fell 200 bps to 61%, and its installed base 4% to 54.3K.
- Product sales (45% of revenue) managed to grow 4% after being flat in FQ4. Gross margin fell 100 bps to 52%. Interactive sales remain an area of strength, growing 41% on the back of 57% social gaming growth. Gross margin rose 500 bps to 63%, and monthly active users for IGT's DoubleDown social casino gaming unit rose 26% to 6.2M.
- IGT says it's "in the process of implementing a number of measures, including cost reductions," in response to its recent challenges.
- Peers Bally Technologies (BYI -5.9%), Multimedia Games (MGAM -3.8%), and Scientific Games (SGMS -8%) also fell sharply on a bad day for equities.
- IGT's CC transcript
Jan. 23, 2014, 4:12 PM
Jan. 23, 2014, 12:10 AM
IGT vs. ETF Alternatives
International Game Technology PLC is an end-to-end gaming company. The Company is engaged in providing lottery and gaming technology solutions and services from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming.
Other News & PR