Tue, Mar. 10, 11:49 AM
- Ilumina (ILMN -0.9%) and Germany-based Merck Serono will collaborate on creating a universal test system for clinical trials of targeted cancer therapies, with the goal of a more comprehensive tool for precision medicine. The work will focus on developing assays that detect and measure multiple variants simultaneously to support clinical trials. The partnership includes test development, global regulatory approvals and global commercialization. Specific terms of the collaboration are undisclosed.
- In parallel, Ilumina will continue to work with the Actionable Genome Consortium to set standards for next-generation sequencing- (NGS) based assays in routine clinical oncology practice to include the applicable regulatory frameworks.
Mon, Feb. 9, 12:21 PM
- The following are healthcare companies whose after-tax margins have expanded the past three quarters and trade at least 500K shares per day:
- (ACOR -0.7%)(BCR -1.5%)(BIIB -0.2%)(CAH -1.2%)(CPHD +1.3%)(EVHC -1.6%)(ILMN +0.7%)(JAZZ -1.7%)(LCI +7.3%)(MNK -0.5%)(SHPG -2.9%)(SYK -0.2%)(TMO -0.7%)(UTHR +1.4%)(VRX).
- This is not a list of "Buy" recommendations, but rather a targeted list of firms that may be suitable for more in-depth research.
Tue, Jan. 27, 4:37 PM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) Q4 results ($M): Total Revenues: 512.4 (+32.3%); Product: 450.3 (+33.9%); Service & Other: 62.1 (+22.0%).
- COGS: 116.9 (-1.7%); R&D Expense: 142.9 (+86.3%); SG&A Expense: 122.2 (+9.5%); Net Income: 153.3 (+90.0%); EPS: 1.03 (+83.9%); CF Ops: 140.5 (+10.8%); Quick Assets: 1,338.4 (+14.8%).
- Gross Profit: 396 (+47.4%); COGS: 22.8% (-25.7%); Gross Margin: 77.2% (+11.4%); Operating Earnings: 130.4 (+62.8%); Operating Earnings Yield: 25.4% (+23.1%); Net Earnings Yield: 29.9% (+43.6%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenue Growth: ~20%; Non-GAAP EPS: $3.12 - 3.18; Non-GAAP Gross Margin: ~73%.
Tue, Jan. 27, 4:06 PM
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 5:38 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 12:52 PM
Tue, Jan. 13, 6:49 AM
Mon, Jan. 12, 3:19 PM
- Ilumina (ILMN -2.2%) and Lockheed Martin establish a strategic alliance to collaborate on scalable and affordable genomics solutions to provide personalized health care for national populations.
- The partnership marries Ilumina's next-generation genetic sequencing tools with Lockheed's expertise in large-scale information systems and integration to address the needs of countries as they integrate genomics into their national health systems.
- Specific financial details of the partnership are undisclosed.
Mon, Jan. 12, 3:09 PM
Thu, Jan. 1, 2:19 AM
- Dow: INTC +41%; UNH +35%; HD +28%; CSCO +25%; MSFT +25%.
- S&P 500: LUV +125%; EA +106%; EW +95%; AGN +92%; AVGO +91%.
- Nasdaq: AAL +112%; EA +106%; AVGO +91%; GMCR +78%; ILMN +68%.
Dec. 3, 2014, 7:57 AM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) and Sequenom (NASDAQ:SQNM) agree to settle all pending infringement claims and other disputes between Sequenom and Verinata Health. The companies will pool their owned and in-licensed intellectual property (IP) pertaining to noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT), including patents that remain subject to ongoing interference proceedings.
- Under the terms of the settlement agreement, Ilumina will have exclusive worldwide rights to use the pooled IP to develop and sell in vitro diagnostic kits for NIPT and to license third party laboratories wishing to develop and sell their own laboratory-developed NIPT tests under the collection of pooled patents. It will make a $50M upfront payment to Sequenom in addition to payments from the pooled structure through 2020.
- Ilumina CEO Jay Flatley says, "The patent pool established through this agreement eliminates confusion over the IP property rights and provides a single point of contact for those wishing to license this IP for NIPT testing."
- Separately, the companies entered into an amended supply agreement whereby Ilumina will supply Sequenom with instruments and reagents for an additional five years.
- SQNM is up 26% premarket on robust volume.
Oct. 21, 2014, 9:14 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:46 PM
- Ilumina (ILMN +9.8%) Q3 results: Total Revenue: $480.6M (+34.7%), Product Revenue: $416.2M (+30.6%); Cost of Revenue: $146.7M (-0.1%); Operating Expense: $205M (+23.0%); Operating Income: $119.5M (+162.6%); Net Income: $93.5M (+197.8%); EPS: $0.63 (+186.4%); Quick Assets: $1,271.4M (+9.1%); CF Ops: $145.6M (+75.2%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue growth: ~30% from 25-26%; non-GAAP EPS: $2.63 - $2.65 from $2.26-$2.28.
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:38 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 4:13 PM
ILMN vs. ETF Alternatives
Illumina Inc providessequencing-and array-based solutions for genetic analysis. Itsproducts enabled researchers to explore DNA, helping them create the first map of gene variations associated with health, disease, and drug response.
Other News & PR