Oct. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 6:57 AM
Aug. 21, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) has formed collaborative partnerships with AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Janssen Biotech (NYSE:JNJ) and Sanofi (NYSE:SNY) to develop a universal next-generation sequencing (NGS) system focused on oncology. The system will employ an multi-gene panel that will be used for patient selection in clinical trials of targeted cancer therapies. Illumina plans to commercialize the tests after obtaining regulatory approval.
- The emergence of panel-based assays will be a paradigm shift from today's single-analyte companion diagnostics.
- An estimated 800 oncology drugs are in development worldwide. At present, 125 cancer driver genes, 71 tumor suppressors and 54 oncogenes that drive tumor growth through 12 cellular signalling pathways have been discovered.
Jul. 23, 2014, 4:56 PM
- Ilumina (ILMN +2.5%) Q2 results: Total Revenue: $447.6M (+29.3%), Product Revenue: $390.8M (+24.7%); Cost of Revenue: $147.0M (+19.8%); R&D Expense: $83.0M (+22.7%); SG&A Expense: $114.6M (+29.2%); Operating Income: $100.2M (+67.0%); Net Income: $46.6M (+29.8%); EPS: $0.31 (+19.2%); CF Ops: $178.0M (+100.9%); Quick Assets: $1,103.1M (-5.4%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue growth: 25 - 26%; non-GAAP EPS: $2.26 - 2.28.
Jul. 23, 2014, 4:09 PM
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AF, AHL, AIZ, ALGT, ALSN, ANGI, ANGO, AVB, AWH, BDN, CA, CAKE, CCI, CHE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CMRE, CRUS, CSGP, CTXS, EFX, EGHT, ETFC, ETH, FB, FFIV, FLS, FR, FTNT, GGG, GILD, HBI, HWAY, IBKC, ILMN, INFN, KALU, LHO, MAC, MKSI, MSA, NSR, NVEC, NXPI, OHI, OII, ORLY, PLCM, QCOM, QTM, RE, RJF, SFG, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TILE, TMK, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TYL, UMPQ, USTR, VAR, WFT
Jul. 16, 2014, 7:04 AM
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) acquires Myraqa, a regulatory and quality consulting form specializing in in vitro diagnostics, especially companion diagnostics. Myraqa's expertise is regulatory strategy and application support, including PMAs, pre-submissions, IDEs, 510(k)s and EU technical files. The acquisition beefs up Ilumina's in-house regulatory capabilities.
- Myraqa CEO Mya Thomae will report to Ilumina CMO Rick Klausner, M.D.
Jul. 11, 2014, 8:36 PM
- The U.K. government chooses Ilumina (ILMN +1.5%) to sequence 100,000 human genomes in a project focused on cancer, rare and infectious diseases. The pilot phase project, called Genomics England, is expected to be completed by the end of 2017.
- One in 17 people are born with or will develop a rare disease in their lifetime. 80% of rare diseases have an identified genetic component.
- One of the project's goals is to kickstart the development of a U.K. genomics industry and introduce the technology into its mainstream health system.
Jun. 6, 2014, 7:26 AM
- Ilumina (ILMN) prices its offering of $550M aggregate principal amount 0% convertible senior notes due 2019 and $450M aggregate principal amount 0.5% convertible senior notes due 2021. Underwriters over-allotments are $82.5M of the 2019 notes and $67.5M of the 2021 notes. Closing date is June 11.
- The notes are convertible into cash, shares of ILMN stock or a combination thereof, at the company's election. The initial conversion rate of both issues is 3.9318 shares of common stock per $1,000 principal amount ($254.34/share).
- Net proceeds from both issues will be ~$985M and will be used to repurchase up to $600M aggregate principal amount of its outstanding 0.25% convertible senior notes due 2016.
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:29 PM
- Illumina (ILMN +0.8%) plans to offer $900M in convertible senior notes, half due in 2019 and half due in 2021. Underwriters over-allotment will be an additional $67.5M for each tranche bringing the total potential debt offering to $1.035B. Proceeds will be used to retire a portion of the company's 0.25% Convertible Senior Notes due 2016 and for general corporate purposes.
Apr. 23, 2014, 9:17 AM
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:40 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:08 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 4, 2014, 4:20 PM
- The recent selloff in Nasdaq momentum names spilled over to the rest of the stock market today, pulling the Dow and S&P sharply lower from their record highs hit earlier in the session.
- The S&P 500's 1.2% drop was less than half the Nasdaq's 2.6% plunge, but its 1,865 close was well below the 1,875 some technicians saw as a resistance level.
- The selling that started in biotechs a few weeks ago has carried over into cloud and enterprise software names, Internet and other high-flying tech names.
- Looking around Nasdaq, the carnage is evident: ICPT -9.6%, FEYE -8.2%, YELP -6.8%, TRIP -6.1%, TSLA -5.8%, ILMN -5.8%, SPLK -5.5%,NFLX -4.9%, PCLN -4.8%, FB -4.6%, GOOG -4.6%, BIIB -4.5%, CELG -4.3%, WDAY -3.8%, AMZN -3.2%, GILD -2.4%, TWTR -2%.
- Recent high-fliers also are seeing a surge in volatility to go along with their declines; the implied volatility of the iShares Biotech Fund (IBB -4%) is near its highest level in at least two years.
- Treasurys rallied as the latest employment report eased concerns that the Fed could raise interest rates sooner than expected; the 10-year yield fell 6 bps at 2.732%.
ILMN vs. ETF Alternatives
Illumina Inc providessequencing-and array-based solutions for genetic analysis. Itsproducts enabled researchers to explore DNA, helping them create the first map of gene variations associated with health, disease, and drug response.
Other News & PR