Dec. 16, 2013, 2:06 PM
- Added to the index (QQQ +0.7%) are Dish Network (DISH +0.6%), Illumina (ILMN +1.4%), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI +0.8%), TripAdvisor (TRIP +0.8%), and Tractor Supply (TSCO +1.9%).
- Deleted are: Fossil Group (FOSL -0.4%), Microchip Technology (MCHP +0.7%), Nuance Communications (NUAN -0.1%), Sears (SHLD -1.5%), and DENTSPLY (XRAY -0.7%).
- The changes are effective prior to the open on Monday, Dec. 23.
- Nasdaq 100 ETFs: QQQ, PSQ, QID, TQQQ, SQQQ, QLD, QQEW, QQQE, QQXT, TNDQ
Nov. 20, 2013, 7:22 AM
- Illumina (ILMN) has received approval for four "next-generation" gene-sequencing devices that have the potential to make quicker and more accurate diagnoses of cystic fibrosis,
- The tests will search for "the largest number of cystic fibrosis gene variations that we've ever cleared a test for," the FDA's Elizabeth Mansfield said.
- Two of the tests also have potential to be used to diagnose and treat certain genetically identifiable cancers. (PR)
Nov. 12, 2013, 10:05 AM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2013, 10:37 AM
- Illumina (ILMN -0.7%) is set to acquire NextBio, which has the capability to "aggregate and analyze large quantities of phenotypic and genomic data for research and clinical applications."
- ILMN says the deal will allow it to "offer customers enterprise level bioinformatics solutions that accelerate the discovery of new associations between the human genome and disease, and ultimately, enable the application of those discoveries within healthcare." (PR)
- ILMN also affirms its 2013 guidance for good measure.
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:47 PM
Oct. 21, 2013, 4:23 PM
- Shares of Illumina (ILMN) are up 6.3% AH following the company's top and bottom line beat.
- Gross margin (ex-items) comes in at 70.2%, roughly in line with Q3 2012.
- R&D expense: $71M versus $54.1M in the same period a year ago.
- "These results highlight another quarter of solid operational execution and record financial performance," CEO Jay Flatley says.
- FY13 outlook: $1.75-1.77/share versus previous guidance of $1.68-1.72/share and against consensus of $1.72/share.
Oct. 21, 2013, 4:07 PM| Comment!
Oct. 21, 2013, 12:10 AM
Oct. 20, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 19, 2013, 6:59 AM
- Illumina's (ILMN) Verinata Health publishes peer-reviewed verifi data which the company says "validates [its] approach to non-invasive prenatal testing."
- The data show verifi correctly detected aneuploidies (that's a chromosome abnormality) "across all test samples."
- Verinata says this shows testing "based on deeper sequencing delivers highly accurate results regardless of the variation in fetal fraction." (PR)
Jul. 23, 2013, 6:31 PMIn tandem with its Q2 results (I, II), Illumina (ILMN) announces it's acquiring Advanced Liquid Logic, a provider of liquid handling solutions for laboratory/clinic R&D. Illumina says Advanced Liquid has "developed a proprietary digital microfluidics technology based on electrowetting that precisely manipulates small droplets within a sealed disposable cartridge to perform complex laboratory protocols." The tech will be used to improve the DNA sequencing workflow for Illumina's products. | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 4:34 PMMore on Illumina's (ILMN) Q2: Revenue beats comfortably. Gross margin falls 420 bps on a GAAP basis but only 140 bps ex-items. R&D falls 5% while SG&A rises 29% Y/Y. CEO Jay Flatley is "very pleased" with the company's H1 financial performance. FY13 outlook: Non-GAAP EPS of $1.68-1.72 (20% revenue growth) against consensus of $1.67/ share. Shares +4.8% AH. (PR) | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 4:17 PM
Jul. 23, 2013, 12:10 AM
Jul. 22, 2013, 5:35 PMNotable earnings after Tuesday’s close: AAPL, ACC, ACE, AEC, ALTR, BCR, BRCM, CPWR, DFS, EA, FBC, FNB, FTI, HA, HLIT, HTS, IGT, ILMN, IRBT, JNPR, KFN, LLTC, NBR, NSC, PEI, PLCM, PNRA, RE, RFMD, RHI, RKT, T, TSS, UIS, USNA, VASC, VMW, VOCS, WCN, ZIXI | Comment!
Jul. 18, 2013, 2:18 PMIllumina (ILMN +1%) agrees to dismiss all claims against Complete Genomics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BGI-Shenzhen, saying it's entered into a settlement agreement under which it will dismiss both lawsuits it had filed. Complete Genomics, in turn, will dismiss all counterclaims, with each party bearing its own litigation costs. No payment is being made by either party to the other, and no licenses are being granted by either party to the other. | Comment!
ILMN vs. ETF Alternatives
Illumina Inc providessequencing-and array-based solutions for genetic analysis. Itsproducts enabled researchers to explore DNA, helping them create the first map of gene variations associated with health, disease, and drug response.
Other News & PR