Immersion Remains Investors' Best Choice To Benefit From Haptics Growth
- NXP recently announced it has taken a stake in haptic feedback tech developer Senseg through a Series B funding round.
- Most headlines described Senseg as an “Immersion competitor” in the haptic field - however, we believe that Immersion can only benefit from the success of Senseg’s solution.
- NXP investment will “allow Senseg to develop a next-generation solution that will be small enough and inexpensive enough to penetrate the high-volume smartphone market”.
- Senseg’s technology, usually referred to as electrostatic friction, or ESF, is an unproven technology that has attracted several headlines but must still overcome key engineering issues.
- Immersion’s actuator agnostic IP, existing OEMs agreements, established developer support, and strong leadership in the space makes the company the best choice for investors willing to benefit from haptics growth.