Thu, Feb. 19, 11:25 AM
- Maybe priced for perfection after big runs over the past couple of years, hotel REITs are pulling back after an earnings miss from Lasalle Hotel Properties (LHO -4.3%) and middling guidance from Host Hotels and Resorts (HST -5.4%).
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.5%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -0.9%), Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -2.2%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -2.3%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -1.1%).
- Bucking the trend is Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT +1.1%) after beating Q4 consensus.
- Previously: Credit Suisse takes profits on Pebblebrook Hotel (Feb. 18)
Tue, Jan. 6, 2:30 PM
- Equity REIT names are higher nearly across the board as the 10-year Treasury yield tumbles below 2%, but the hotel REITs aren't joining in the fun, suggesting maybe plunging oil prices (now at $47.76 per barrel) are foreshadowing a weak economy?
- Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.9%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -1.3%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -0.9%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -1.2%).
- Previously: Equity REITs add to gains as long-term yields dive (Jan. 6)
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
- Stifel steps into the Ebola-related downdraft in the lodging sector, upgrading the largest (by market cap) such REIT, Hospitality Property Trust (HPT +2.1%) to Buy with $30 price target.
- Other names: Ashford (AHT +1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE +0.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.1%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO +0.6%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP +0.6%), Summit Hotel (INN +1.2%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB +0.7%).
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Mar. 5, 2012, 4:11 PM
Mar. 1, 2012, 3:07 PM
Oct. 25, 2011, 12:26 PM
Aug. 24, 2011, 11:57 AM
Aug. 24, 2011, 11:38 AMSummit Hotel Properties (INN +11.8%), an operator of premium hotel franchises, is recovering some of its August losses after KeyBanc's Dennis Frost upgrades shares to Buy. Frost thinks Summit is relatively immune from weak middle-class consumer spending, given that most of its customers are "short-stay business travelers." | Comment!
INN vs. ETF Alternatives
Summit Hotel Properties Inc is a self-managed hotel investment company. The Company is engaged in acquiring and owning premium-branded select-service hotels in the upscale and upper midscale segments of the U.S. lodging industry.
Other News & PR