Tue, Sep. 1, 1:14 PM
Mon, Aug. 3, 4:48 PM
Wed, Jul. 1, 2:31 PM
Mon, Jun. 1, 2:48 PM
Fri, May 1, 2:13 PM
Fri, Apr. 17, 1:54 AM
- In a change of heart, the Federal Reserve will allow big U.S. banks to use some types of municipal bonds to meet new rules that ensure they have enough cash during a market meltdown, WSJ reports.
- At issue is the treatment of municipal debt under new liquidity requirements, which call for large banks to hold enough "high-quality liquid assets" to fund their operations for 30 days.
- Other regulators, including the OCC and FDIC, do not plan to follow the Fed's new criteria.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, HYMB, TFI, XMPT, ITM, MLN, BABS, SHM, CMF, SHYD, PRB, NYF, PZT, SUB, SMB, PWZ, CXA, IBMF, PVI, RVNU, INY, SMMU, IBMG, IBME, IBMD, GMMB, FMB, IBMI, IBMH, MEAR
Wed, Apr. 1, 12:48 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 1:41 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 3:39 PM
Dec. 29, 2014, 1:56 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 11:01 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 2:13 PM
Oct. 17, 2014, 4:10 AM
- Detroit has taken a major step towards exiting bankruptcy protection after agreeing to a deal with with its largest holdout creditor, Financial Guaranty Insurance Company, which is owed $1B.
- Under the settlement, Financial Guaranty will have the rights to develop a hotel, retail and condominium complex on the site of the Joe Louis Arena, the soon-to-be-vacant home the Detroit Red Wings hockey team.
- The dispute between Detroit and Financial Guaranty had threatened other important deals that the city had forged with thousands of creditors.
- ETFS: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, HYMB, MLN, CMF, SHM, BABS, XMPT, PRB, SUB, PZT, SMB, NYF, SHYD, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, INY, VRD, GMMB, RVNU
Oct. 1, 2014, 2:58 PM
Jul. 11, 2014, 1:59 AM
- U.S. municipal bond funds had some of the biggest outflows since January, after investors pulled out $790M in the week ended July 9. $691M of the outflows was in the high-yield sector, being withdrawn due to default concerns of Puerto Rican debt.
- Adding to the worries is Puerto Rico's newest law which allows for public corporations to restructure their debt. The new law pushed ratings agencies last week to downgrade the commonwealth's bonds even lower within junk territory.
- Barclays High Yield Municipal Bond Index, up more than 9.5% in mid-June, was up less than 5.5% this past Wednesday.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, HYMB, ITM, MLN, SHM, CMF, XMPT, BABZ, BABS, PRB, SHYD, SMB, NYF, PZT, SUB, PWZ, CXA, PVI, SMMU, INY, MUAF, VRD, MUAD, MUAE, GMMB, MUAC, MUAG, RVNU, MUAH, FMB
Jul. 7, 2014, 1:45 PM
- As detailed in a recent regulatory filing, Invesco Powershares will update the names and underlying indexes for 3 of its 4 municipal bond ETFs on July 8th.
- The PowerShares Insured California Municipal Bond Portfolio (PWZ) will be renamed to the PowerShares California AMT-Free Municipal Bond Portfolio and will start tracking the BofA Merrill Lynch California Long-Term Core Plus Municipal Securities Index.
- The PowerShares Insured National Municipal Bond Portfolio (PZA) will be renamed to the PowerShares National AMT-Free Municipal Bond Portfolio and will start tracking the BofA Merrill Lynch National Long-Term Core Plus Municipal Securities Index.
- The PowerShares Insured New York Municipal Bond Portfolio (PZT) will be renamed to the PowerShares New York AMT-Free Municipal Bond Portfolio and will start tracking the BofA Merrill Lynch New York Long-Term Core Plus Municipal Securities Index.
- Other CA, NY and national municipal bond ETFs: PZT, NYF, INY, MUB, PZA, TFI, CMF, XMPT, PRB, PWZ, CXA, PVI, VRD, RVNU, FMB
INY vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR® Barclays Capital New York Municipal Bond ETF seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the Barclays Capital Managed Money Municipal New York Index. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking, and lower costs.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: Broad U.S. Bond ETFs, A Guide to Municipal Bond ETFs and Closed-End Funds
- Asset Class Performance: Bonds ETFs
Other News & PR