Fri, May 1, 2:13 PMSPDR Nuveen Barclays New York Municipal Bond ( Formerly SPDR Barclays New York Municipal Bond) announces monthly distribution of $0.047| Comment!
Fri, Apr. 17, 1:54 AM
- In a change of heart, the Federal Reserve will allow big U.S. banks to use some types of municipal bonds to meet new rules that ensure they have enough cash during a market meltdown, WSJ reports.
- At issue is the treatment of municipal debt under new liquidity requirements, which call for large banks to hold enough "high-quality liquid assets" to fund their operations for 30 days.
- Other regulators, including the OCC and FDIC, do not plan to follow the Fed's new criteria.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, HYMB, TFI, XMPT, ITM, MLN, BABS, SHM, CMF, SHYD, PRB, NYF, PZT, SUB, SMB, PWZ, CXA, IBMF, PVI, RVNU, INY, SMMU, IBMG, IBME, IBMD, GMMB, FMB, IBMI, IBMH, MEAR
Wed, Apr. 1, 12:48 PM| Comment!
Mon, Mar. 2, 1:41 PM| Comment!
Mon, Feb. 2, 3:39 PM| Comment!
Dec. 29, 2014, 1:56 PM| Comment!
Dec. 1, 2014, 11:01 AM| Comment!
Nov. 3, 2014, 2:13 PM| Comment!
Oct. 17, 2014, 4:10 AM
- Detroit has taken a major step towards exiting bankruptcy protection after agreeing to a deal with with its largest holdout creditor, Financial Guaranty Insurance Company, which is owed $1B.
- Under the settlement, Financial Guaranty will have the rights to develop a hotel, retail and condominium complex on the site of the Joe Louis Arena, the soon-to-be-vacant home the Detroit Red Wings hockey team.
- The dispute between Detroit and Financial Guaranty had threatened other important deals that the city had forged with thousands of creditors.
- ETFS: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, HYMB, MLN, CMF, SHM, BABS, XMPT, PRB, SUB, PZT, SMB, NYF, SHYD, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, INY, VRD, GMMB, RVNU
Oct. 1, 2014, 2:58 PM| Comment!
Jul. 11, 2014, 1:59 AM
- U.S. municipal bond funds had some of the biggest outflows since January, after investors pulled out $790M in the week ended July 9. $691M of the outflows was in the high-yield sector, being withdrawn due to default concerns of Puerto Rican debt.
- Adding to the worries is Puerto Rico's newest law which allows for public corporations to restructure their debt. The new law pushed ratings agencies last week to downgrade the commonwealth's bonds even lower within junk territory.
- Barclays High Yield Municipal Bond Index, up more than 9.5% in mid-June, was up less than 5.5% this past Wednesday.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, HYMB, ITM, MLN, SHM, CMF, XMPT, BABZ, BABS, PRB, SHYD, SMB, NYF, PZT, SUB, PWZ, CXA, PVI, SMMU, INY, MUAF, VRD, MUAD, MUAE, GMMB, MUAC, MUAG, RVNU, MUAH, FMB
Jul. 7, 2014, 1:45 PM
- As detailed in a recent regulatory filing, Invesco Powershares will update the names and underlying indexes for 3 of its 4 municipal bond ETFs on July 8th.
- The PowerShares Insured California Municipal Bond Portfolio (PWZ) will be renamed to the PowerShares California AMT-Free Municipal Bond Portfolio and will start tracking the BofA Merrill Lynch California Long-Term Core Plus Municipal Securities Index.
- The PowerShares Insured National Municipal Bond Portfolio (PZA) will be renamed to the PowerShares National AMT-Free Municipal Bond Portfolio and will start tracking the BofA Merrill Lynch National Long-Term Core Plus Municipal Securities Index.
- The PowerShares Insured New York Municipal Bond Portfolio (PZT) will be renamed to the PowerShares New York AMT-Free Municipal Bond Portfolio and will start tracking the BofA Merrill Lynch New York Long-Term Core Plus Municipal Securities Index.
- Other CA, NY and national municipal bond ETFs: PZT, NYF, INY, MUB, PZA, TFI, CMF, XMPT, PRB, PWZ, CXA, PVI, VRD, RVNU, FMB
Jun. 16, 2014, 3:21 PM
- Moody's boosts New York's credit rating by a notch to Aa1 with stable outlook from Aa2 with positive, reflecting "sustained improvements in fiscal governance, the strength of the recent economic recovery, a strong financial position reflected in improved reserves, and reduced spending growth in line with growth in the state’s economic capacity."
- "The stable outlook reflects our expectation that the state will preserve and improve upon the gains it has made in governance and its financial position."
- ETFs: MUB, PZA, TFI, XMPT, PRB, NYF, PZT, PVI, INY, VRD, RVNU, FMB
Jun. 3, 2014, 3:33 PM
- Issuers have scheduled $11.7B of long-term sales over the next month - the busiest pace in three months - and it's a good thing as investors are about to get the most cash ($104B) in two years from June through August from debt payments, according to JPMorgan's Peter DeGroot.
- The funds received will exceed issuance by about $23B over those months, according to DeGroot, helping to extend munis' best first half rally since 2009.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, HYMB, MLN, CMF, SHM, BABZ, BABS, XMPT, PRB, SHYD, SUB, SMB, NYF, PZT, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, INY, MUAF, VRD, MUAD, MUAE, GMMB, MUAC, MUAG, RVNU, MUAH, FMB
May 30, 2014, 2:47 AM
- Municipal-bond prices have soared so far in 2014, compared to the same time one year ago. 2013 was the markets worst year in almost two decades, after registering losses nationwide - ranging from Detroit's municipal bankruptcy-protection filing to pension costs in Illinois.
- The revival of the $3.7T municipal-bond market comes as bond buyers attempt to find higher investment returns amid dropping U.S. interest rates.
- Investors have also poured $3.1B into municipal-bond mutual funds this year, compared with $2.9Bn over the same period in 2013.
- Municipal bonds have returned 5.8% in 2014, reflecting interest payments and price appreciation.
- Yields on municipal debt fell to 2.3% this past Wednesday, which was their lowest in almost a year. Yields fall when prices rise.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, HYMB, MLN, CMF, SHM, BABZ, BABS, XMPT, PRB, SHYD, SUB, SMB, NYF, PZT, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, INY, MUAF, MUAD, VRD, MUAE, MUAG, MUAC, GMMB, FMB, RVNU, MUAH
May 23, 2014, 10:52 AM
- 2013 produced the slowest annual rate of municipal debt growth in 20 years, says Moody's, which expects the trend to continue this year. The trend "reflects a new conservative attitude toward debt among the states," says analyst Kimberly Lyons.
- The slow pace of borrowing led to a decline in net-tax support debt (NTSD) per capita to $1,054 from $1,074 in 2012.
- In other news, municipal bond funds posted their third straight week of big inflows, adding $664M in the week ended on Wednesday (previous weeks saw $616M and $943M of inflows).
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, HYMB, MLN, CMF, SHM, BABZ, BABS, XMPT, PRB, SHYD, SUB, NYF, SMB, PZT, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, INY, MUAF, MUAD, VRD, MUAE, MUAG, MUAC, GMMB, MUAH, RVNU, FMB
INY vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR® Barclays Capital New York Municipal Bond ETF seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the Barclays Capital Managed Money Municipal New York Index. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking, and lower costs.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: Broad U.S. Bond ETFs, A Guide to Municipal Bond ETFs and Closed-End Funds
- Asset Class Performance: Bonds ETFs
Other News & PR