Fri, Feb. 20, 9:22 AM
- Though officially beating Q4 estimates, IPG Photonics' (NASDAQ:IPGP) results were roughly in-line with the outlook provided in its Feb. 9 guidance hike. However, the company has also guided for Q1 revenue of $195M-$205M and EPS of $0.92-$1.02, mostly above a consensus of $195.8M and $0.93.
- Also: Backlog was up 21% Y/Y to $321M as of the end of 2014. Q4 book-to-bill was above 1.
- The Q4 performance was driven in large part by 58% and 32% Y/Y respective increases in medium-power and high-power industrial laser sales; the former benefited from demand for fine-processing applications, and the latter from North American auto and global metal-cutting demand.
- IPG adds "the growth we anticipated in metal-based 3D printing at the beginning of  materialized." Though far from a 3D printing pure-play, the 3D printing market has been viewed as a long-term growth opportunity for IPG.
- Q4 gross margin was 54.9%, up from 54.6% in Q3 and 49.2% a year ago. Thanks in part to a $2.6M forex gain, GAAP operating expenses rose only 5% Y/Y to $34.3M (compares with 25% revenue growth).
- IPGP +4.1% premarket to $91.89, making new highs along the way.
- Q4 results, PR
Fri, Feb. 20, 8:06 AM
Thu, Feb. 19, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 9:09 AM
- IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) expects to report Q4 revenue of $207M and EPS of $1.06-$1.07, above prior guidance of $190M-$205M and $0.86-$1.01, as well as a consensus of $197.8M and $0.95. EPS received a $0.03 forex boost.
- CEO Valentin Gapontsev: "Geographically, we performed well in Asia, North America and Western Europe. In terms of products, growth was primarily driven by high power and medium power lasers and to a lesser extent QCW and pulsed lasers." Medium-power and QCW lasers were strong points in Q3.
- The pre-announcement comes ahead of this week's Photonics West industry conference. Full Q4 results are due on the morning of Feb. 20.
Oct. 28, 2014, 10:42 AM
- IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) expects Q4 revenue of $190M-$205M and EPS of $0.86-$1.01, favorable at the midpoints to a consensus of $192.4M and $0.90.
- A $3.6M forex gain was recorded in Q3, helping EPS beat estimates in spite of a revenue miss. Also helping: Gross margin rose 40 bps Q/Q and 70 bps Y/Y to 54.6%. Not counting forex, opex rose 12% Y/Y to $35.1M (compares with 16% revenue growth).
- Demand for QCW lasers remained strong, rising 122% Y/Y. IPG attributes the growth to "successful penetration of OEMs for turbine blade drilling and, in particular, fine welding applications." High-power lasers +10%; medium-power +45%; low-power +14%; pulsed lasers +11%.
- 20%+ growth in Europe and China offset weak demand in the U.S. and Japan. Turkey and other parts of Asia also saw strong growth.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 28, 2014, 8:03 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Jul. 29, 2014, 8:05 AM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMAG, AMG, ARW, AUDC, AVX, AXE, BP, CARB, CAS, CNX, CPLA, CRS, CVLT, CYNO, DIN, DSX, ECL, ENTG, ETN, ETR, FDP, FIS, FSS, GLT, GLW, GNC, GTI, HCA, HMC, HRS, HW, ICON, IP, IPGP, ITW, KLIC, LVLT, MDC, MDSO, MDXG, MHFI, MLM, MMC, MRK, MSO, NCI, NEE, NLSN, NMM, NOV, NYT, OSK, PCAR, PFE, POR, RAI, RYN, SAVE, SIRI, SNCR, ST, TLM, TRW, UAM, UBS, UBSI, UDR, UPS, UTHR, VSH, WDR, WM, WYNN, XYL, YNDX
Apr. 29, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Though IPG Photonics (IPGP -6.4%) posted in-line Q1 EPS and beat on revenue, it's guiding for Q2 revenue of $173M-$188M and EPS of $0.77-$0.92, largely below a consensus of $188.2M and $0.90.
- The company blames softness in North American advanced and medical laser orders, and "continued competition" in the Chinese low-power pulsed laser market (it expects new products to improve its Chinese position). Those factors are offsetting strong demand for high-power cutting lasers and other products.
- Q1 gross margin was 52.3%, +310 bps Q/Q but -100 bps Y/Y. Opex rose 21% Y/Y to $31.5M, thanks in large part to a 45% increase in R&D spend to $12.8M. A $1.4M forex charge was recorded (compares with a $1.6M Q4 charge).
- Book-to-bill remained above 1. Japanese sales hit a record, and "strong growth" was also seen in Europe, China, and Turkey. But North American sales fell due to lower welding and paint-stripping laser demand.
- Q1 results, PR
Apr. 29, 2014, 8:04 AM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Feb. 14, 2014, 12:37 PM
- IPG Photonics (IPGP +3%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $160M-$175M and EPS of $0.69-$0.83, in-line with a consensus of $165.8M and $0.78.
- The industrial laser maker beat Q4 revenue estimates on the back of a 22% Y/Y increase in laser sales for materials processing applications (up from 19% in Q3), and a 24% increase in high-power laser sales in particular.
- EPS missed thanks in part to a 260 bps drop in gross margin to 49.2%. IPG says it took a $5.9M inventory charge during the quarter, as well as a $1.6M forex charge. At the same time, a lower tax rate provided a $0.03 EPS boost.
- Opex rose 17% Y/Y, slightly exceeding revenue growth of 14%. Q4 book-to-bill was above 1, and IPG ended the year with a backlog of $265M, +31% Y/Y.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 14, 2014, 8:03 AM| Comment!
Feb. 14, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
IPGP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR