Wed, Mar. 25, 12:35 PM
- The iShares Exponential Technologies ETF (NYSEARCA:XT), based on an idea from Edelman Financial Services, is designed to provide global exposure to companies identified as leaders across key areas of technological transformation.
- “We believe exposure to exponential technologies is an important part of a globally diversified portfolio, and we are excited that our clients will have efficient access to some of the leading companies in this area through this ETF," said Ric Edelman, Chairman and CEO of Edelman Financial Services in a press release.
- Other broad global technology ETFs: IPK, IXN, ARKQ
Fri, Mar. 20, 2:02 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 3, 12:35 PM
- Among those cut is the SPDR Barclays Capital Aggregate Bond (NYSEARCA:LAG), which now charges 0.1% per year, down from 0.21%, and making it more competitive with AGG and BND.
- SSgA's (NYSE:STT) ten international ETFs - a group including IPD, IPW, and IPK - now have annual fees of 0.4% vs. 0.5% previously. The emerging markets ETFs' - including EDIV and GML - new expense ratios are 0.49%, down from 0.50-0.59% previously.
- Some of the fee reductions are more dramatic: The SPDR 1500 Value Tilt ETF (NYSEARCA:VLU) and the SPDR S&P 1500 Momentum Tilt ETF (NYSEARCA:MMTM) are cut to 0.12% from 0.35%, and the SPDR Russell 2000 Low Volatility ETF (NYSEARCA:SMLV) is cut to 0.12% from 0.25%.
- Others with cuts: ITE, SST, TLO, ITR, LGLV, LWC, SCPB, IPE, MOYG, MOYV, SLY, SLYG, SLYV, SPYG, SPVV, JPP, JSC, MTK, GWX, IPF, IPN, PS, IPU, IRV, IRY, IST, BIK, EEMB, GAF, GMF, GML, GUR, IBND.
Dec. 19, 2014, 1:43 PM| Comment!
Nov. 12, 2014, 1:05 PM
- The PureFunds ISE Cyber Security ETF (NYSEARCA:HACK) will invest in a basket of hardware or software companies around the world that are focused on cyber security.
- Christian Magoon, founder of YieldShares and Consultant to ISE ETF Ventures said in a press release: "This increasingly important industry is an investment segment that we believe will likely be an additive to most portfolios."
- HACK is the first ETF to focus exclusively on cyber security.
- Other global technology ETFs: IPK, IXN, ARKQ
Oct. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
- The ARK Genomic Revolution Multi-Sector ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKG) is an actively managed fund that focuses on companies linked to the genomic industry across a number of sectors.
- The ARK Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKK) will cover all three investment themes ARK now offers ETF coverage of; industrials through the ARK Industrial Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKQ), technology through the ARK Web x.0 ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKW) and genomics with ARKG.
- "Our composite fund is a product of our approach to active management and can bring balance back to portfolios that have become increasingly benchmark-sensitive. Pulling across industries including life sciences, robotics, energy storage, social media, and cloud computing, ARKK will hold some of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the world," stated Cathie Wood, founder and CEO of ARK Investment Management, in a press release.
- Other broad technology ETFs: IPK, IXN
- Other biotech ETFs: XBI, BBH, FBT, PBE
Apr. 15, 2014, 1:49 PM
- While broader equity markets are only seeing modest declines, tech stocks aren't so lucky. The Nasdaq-100 (QQQ -0.8%) had its lowest print since October this morning before recovering slightly.
- Chinese tech stocks (KWEB -4.3%), including 2013 solar high-flyers (TAN -4.2%), are especially hard-hit following a Shanghai selloff triggered by PBOC withdrawals. Other Internet (PNQI -2.3%) and social media (SOCL -2%) stocks aren't faring much better.
- Will earnings season come to the rescue? Intel and Yahoo report after the bell today, and Google and IBM after the bell tomorrow.
- Tech ETFs: XLK, VGT, FDN, ROBO, SOXL, SKYY, TECL, USD, SMH, IPK, IYW, ROM, TDIV, SOXS, SOXX, KWT, TECS, XSD, IXN, IGV, FTEC, RYT, IGM, PXN, QTEC, PSCT, FXL, IGN, PSI, SSG, MTK, REW, PXQ, XSW, FONE, PSJ, AAIT, PTF, CQQQ, QQQC
- Update: Tech stocks rallied in the final hours of trading. The Nasdaq closed up 0.3%.
Jan. 1, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mar. 20, 2011, 5:03 AM
Nov. 18, 2010, 4:32 PMCiti technology guru Tobias Levkovich questions whether tech stocks - now the darling of both buy-side investors and sell-side analysts - can continue to outperform. Investors usually "talk their book," he writes, which suggests the sector is broadly owned, and needs fresh buyers. | Comment!
Sep. 5, 2010, 1:15 PMFoxconn Chairman Terry Gou cuts the company's long-term sales growth target to 15% from its longstanding 30%, asking how many $60B companies with nearly 1M employees still set growth targets that high. Foxconn, which manufactures products for Apple (AAPL), Dell (DELL) and Nokia (NOK) among others, faces more than just success of size; Apple's growth hasn't offset slowing PC sales, and a spate of suicides forced the company to raise wages. | 3 Comments
IPK vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR® S&P® International Technology Sector ETF seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the total return performance of the S&P Developed Ex-U.S. BMI Information Technology Sector Index, an index that tracks the technology sector of developed global markets outside the United States. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking, and lower costs.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR