5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on IQDF.
There are no Transcripts on IQDF.
There are no News articles on IQDF.
IQDF vs. ETF Alternatives
IQDF pursues a strategy that, in line with its stated investment objective, provides exposure to international securities while providing dividend payments. It is intended as a core international stock market option that also helps investors try to meet their income needs. The strategy applies a proprietary scoring model approach that determines a "quality factor" and an optimization process that seeks to maximize this factor, match the beta of the Parent Index (Northern Trust International Large Cap IndexSM) and improve on the Parent Index's dividend yield. Dividend payments of income are anticipated quarterly with realized capital gains dividends anticipated at least annually.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Wednesday, Jan 223:45 PM
Wednesday, Jan 223:45 PM| Comment!
- The Market Vectors MSCI International Quality ETF (QXUS) and the MSCI International Quality Dividend ETF (QDXU) will both track the MSCI ACWI ex-U.S. Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 42 countries. Both funds have expense ratios of 0.45%.
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, IEFA, EFAV, DZK, DWM, PIZ, EFG, DTH, DPK, GWX, URTH, EFZ, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, PXF, MFLA, EFO, ADRD, TLTD, FNDF, IFSM, IDHQ, FWDI, FDTS, FDT, IDHB, IDV, SDIV, DWX, PID, DTN, LVL, FGD, DOO, DOL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DVYA, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
- The Market Vectors MSCI Emerging Markets Quality ETF (QEM) and the MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Dividend ETF will both track the MSCI Emerging Markets High Dividend Yield Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 19 emerging market countries.
- Related ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, DGS, EDZ, EEMV, EEB, SCHE, EDIV, IEMG, DVYE, BIK, EEV, EWX, BKF, PIE, CEW, ADRE, HILO, EUM, FNI, EET, GMM, PXH, EEMS, BBRC, EELV, FEMS, EEME, EMDD, BICK, DBEM, EMCR, FEM, EWEM, EVAL, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, TLTE, EEHB, EGRW, FNDE, EMSA, EMHD, EMDR, EMFT
Tuesday, Jan 712:05 PM
Tuesday, Jan 712:05 PM| 6 Comments
- Q4 net dividend increases of $12.7B compared to $8.4B in 2012 Q4, according to S&P. The number of increases (885), however, pales in comparison to the 1,266 "tax-incentivized" hikes from a year ago (there were 649 in 2011).
- Of roughly 10K traded stocks, 51 companies cut payouts in Q4 compared to 154 in the year-earlier quarter.
- Room for more hikes? S&P's Howard Silverblatt notes payout rates - which historically average 52% - continue to remain near their low of 36%. "At this point, we expect Q1 to be a very busy positive period for dividends, with 2014 setting another record for payments."
- The weighted dividend yield off 2.44% compares to 2.6% in Q3 and 2.8% in Q4 of 2012 as boosted payouts aren't quite keeping pace with the strong advance in equity prices.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, DLN, LVL, DTD, DGRW, DON, FDL, FVD, PFM, FGD, DOO, NOBL, DOL, SDYL, DVYL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DGRS, DNL, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, QDYN, EMDG, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
Thursday, Jan 23:03 PM
Thursday, Jan 23:03 PM| Comment!
- The First Trust High Income ETF (FTHI) and Low Beta Income ETF (FTLB) will use index options as a complement to its equity holdings.
- The Nasdaq Rising Dividend Achievers ETF (RDVY) tracks an index of 50 companies with a history of raising payouts, and "that exhibit the characteristics to potentially continue doing so in the future."
- Nasdaq indices are used in a number of well-followed dividend ETFs such as PowerShares' High Yield Dividend Achievers Portfolio (PEY) and PowerShares' Dividend Achievers Portfolio (PFM).
- For its part, FirstTrust's other dividend ETFs include the Nasdaq Technology Index Fund (TDIV) and the Value Line Dividend Index Fund (FVD).
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, DLN, LVL, DTD, DGRW, DON, FDL, PFM, FVD, FGD, DOO, NOBL, DOL, SDYL, DVYL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DGRS, DNL, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, EMDG, QDYN, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 3:08 PM
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 3:08 PM| Comment!
- Open for trade today is the actively-managed Cambria Foreign Shareholder Yield ETF (FYLD), the global version of Mebane Faber's recently-launched and thus far successful Shareholder Yield ETF (SYLD).
- Faber's methodology relies on what he calls "shareholder yield" - a measure adding buybacks and debt repayment to dividends.
- The new fund's expense ratio is 0.59%, the same as SYLD.
- Other ETFs with a broader idea of what yield is include: TTFS and PKW.
- Global dividend ETFs: IDV, SDIV, DWX, PID, DTN, LVL, FGD, DOO, DOL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DVYA, IQDF, IQDY, FYLD, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
Friday, Nov 152013, 9:22 AM
Friday, Nov 152013, 9:22 AM| 1 Comment
- Dividend ETF fans may soon have three more funds to choose from as Reality Shares files to launch a trio of ETFs. Tickers and fees have not yet been disclosed.
- The Reality Shares Isolated U.S. Dividend Growth Index ETF and The Isolated Global Dividend Growth Index ETF will both be passive strategies, and the Isolated Dividend Growth ETF will be actively managed.
- The company's edge - so it argues - will be a focus on earnings rather than stock price as the measure of potential returns. Isolating the dividend from the stock price can provide positive returns not directly correlated to broader equity or fixed-income trends, says the company.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, SYLD, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, LVL, DLN, DTD, DGRW, FDL, DON, PFM, FVD, FGD, DOO, DOL, SDYL, NOBL, DVYL, DEW, HGI, IDOG, DNL, DGRS, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, EMDG, IQDF, QDYN, IQDY, WDIV, IQDE, FIEG
Thursday, Oct 312013, 11:06 AM
Thursday, Oct 312013, 11:06 AM| 2 Comments
- Vident Financial enters the ETF industry with the launch of the Vident International Equity Fund (VIDI), with the pricey cost of 0.75% compared to vaguely similar Vanguard funds VXUS and VEU with expense ratios of 0.16% and 0.15%, respectively. IndexUniverse's Paul Britt notes, however, 0.75% is competitive with what one might expect for an actively-managed fund.
- Vident tracks a proprietary index investing through a complex system hoping to beat the returns of market-cap weighted funds. VIdent calls its approach "principled investing."
- Maybe closer competitors are FlexShares' International Quality Dividend Defensive ETF (IQDE) and International Quality Dividend ETF (IQDF), each with 0.47 expense ratio, but also each subject to closure risk because of their lack of assets.
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 2:58 PM
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 2:58 PM| 2 Comments
- Assets in dividend-themed ETFs have ballooned nearly 50% to $80B this year, according to Ned Davis Research, led by Vanguard Dividend Appreciation (VIG) with $3.2B in inflows, the SPDR Dividend ETF (SDY) with $1.2B, and the Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF (VYM) with $1.6B.
- Meanwhile, ETFs holding U.S. government debt hold just $67B in assets, with funds like the iShares 3-7 Year Treasury Bond ETF (IEI) seeing several hundred million exit, and the iShares TIPS Bond ETF (TIP) losing a whopping $6.9B.
- The team at Ned Davis recommends looking away from the popular dividend plays and towards a lagging emerging-market alternative, the WisdomTree Emerging Markets Small-Cap Dividend Fund (DGS), yielding 3.3% and up 3.8% this year.
- Dividend ETFs: FDL, FVD, MDIV, QDF, QDYN, QDEF, DIV, CVY, DVY, HDV, IYLD, PEY, PFM, SCHD, SDY, SDYL, DVYL, VYM, DHS, DTD, SYLD, KBWD, SPHD, DLN, DON, HILO, DGRS, DNL, EMDG, DGRW, VIG, DGRE.
- Global dividend ETFs: AXJL, AUSE, GNAT, DTH, DWM, SDIV, DVYE, EDIV, DEM, FDD, FGD, LVL, PID, DEW, WDIV, IDOG, DTN, DOO, IQDF, IQDE, IQDY, IDV, DVYA, DWX, DOL, CCXE, DIM, GULF, DRW, DBU.
- Small-cap dividend ETFs: DGS, DFE, DFJ, DXJS, DES, DLS.
Thursday, May 302013, 3:39 PMState Street launches the SPDR 1-10 Year TIPS ETF (TIPX), set to track the Barclays 1-10 Year Government Inflation-linked Bond Index. It appears similar in structure to another State Street TIPS fund (IPE), but with an expense ratio 3.5 bps lower at 0.15%. Also launched is the SPDR S&P Global Dividend ETF (WDIV), set to track the S&P Global Dividend Aristocrats Index. It has a cost of 0.40% and joins competitors DEW and LVL, each of those with coming with slightly higher costs. |Thursday, May 302013, 3:39 PM| 1 Comment
Tuesday, Apr 162013, 8:30 PMFlexShares lists three dividend-focus equity ETFs today that provide exposure to long-term growth potential of international securities and deliver dividend income. International Quality Dividend Fund (IQDF), International Quality Dividend Defensive Fund (IQDE) and International Quality Dividend Dynamic Fund (IQDY) have an expense ratio of 0.47% each, in line with counterparts DWX (0.45%), DOL (0.48%), DVYA (0.49%) and IDV (0.50%). (.pdf) |Tuesday, Apr 162013, 8:30 PM| Comment!