Fri, Aug. 7, 9:31 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 8:39 AM
- Net income of $78.9M, or $0.29 per share, vs. $306M, or $1.12 per share, for the same period last year. Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $1.20.
- Adjusted operating margin of 13% vs. 13.1% (excluding restructuring and acquisition-related inventory step-up costs).
- The company confirmed its expectations of revenues for full-year 2015 in the range of 4%-5% compared with 2014. Full-year adjusted EPS from continuing operations is still expected to be in the range of $3.66-$3.81.
- Q2 results
Tue, Jul. 28, 7:08 AM
Mon, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AGCO, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, ARG, ARLP, ARW, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BP, BTU, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COMM, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DHI, DHX, ECL, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, FSS, GLW, GPN, GRUB, ICLR, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, JEC, KEM, LH, LPT, LYB, MAS, MMC, MRK, MZOR, NCI, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, OAK, OFC, PCAR, PCH, PCP, PFE, POR, RAI, RDWR, SALT, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WYN
Mon, Jul. 13, 11:59 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR +1.5%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $77 price target at Stifel, which estimates that 35% of IR's total revenue is tied to U.S. non-residential construction that is now in the midst of a three-year up cycle.
- The firm believes IR is poised to see 5% growth in its climate segment in 2016, with 35%-plus long-term incremental margins, given the non-residential tailwind, and sees prospects for double digit EPS growth annually through 2018 core vs. the broad group posting EPS growth in the high single digits.
- Stifel expects a solid Q2 from IR given recent results and encouraging bookings and order rates.
Thu, Jun. 18, 2:49 PM
- The time is right to buy machinery stocks such as Caterpillar (CAT +0.2%) and Deere (DE +0.4%), Oppenheimer analysts say, as high-level macro drivers for the industry have begun to show signs of improvement after a challenging start to 2015.
- The firm believes a potential stabilization in hard commodity prices, a rebound in U.S. economic surprises and a possible trough in the same for China are keys underpinning a more constructive global macro backdrop, and serve as key catalysts for improved industry fundamentals in a heavily overseas reliant industry.
- In addition to CAT and DE, the firm is favorable toward Paccar (PCAR +1.7%), Ingersoll-Rand (IR +0.6%), Stanley Black & Decker (SWK +0.9%), Wabtec (WAB +0.3%), Snap-On (SNA +1.1%) and Oshkosh (OSK -0.6%).
Fri, Jun. 5, 7:31 AM
Fri, May 22, 3:51 PM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR -0.2%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold with an $86 price target at Argus, which expects IR to benefit from improving economic conditions and strength in U.S. construction markets, as well as recent acquisitions.
- Argus also looks for IR's Climate segment to continue to deliver mid-single-digit growth, driven by strength in the U.S. and Europe.
- The firm says IR management is focused on rewarding shareholders, and believe shares are favorably valued relative to peers based on P/E and price/sales.
Thu, May 14, 7:34 AM
Thu, Apr. 23, 7:08 AM
Wed, Apr. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Wed, Apr. 8, 10:01 AM
Wed, Apr. 1, 3:30 PM
- Actavis (ACT -1%) should outperform following its purchase of Allergan, and FDA action dates for eluxadoline and cariprazine could also be catalysts.
- Though Occidental Petroleum is the team's top pick in energy, Anadarko (APC +1.1%) is the best short-term play on a recovery in oil prices.
- Strong fundamentals and easy year-over-year comps make AvalonBay (AVB -0.9%) a pick in apartment rentals.
- A favorable Supreme Court ruling in King vs. Burwell by the end of June provides plenty of upside possibility with little downside for HCA Holdings (HCA -0.8%).
- Also on the buy list are Ingersoll-Rand (IR -1.5%), Nvidia (NVDA +0.2%), UTX (UTX -1.1%), and Disney (DIS +0.4%).
- Making the underperform list is the Gap (GPS -2.2%) thanks to less room for cost cutting and a forecast for continued weakness in sales. Also a Q2 sell: Tesla (TSLA -1%) " lacks any real technological advantage over its competitors" says the team, seeing a significant Q1 loss, an increase in the already-high cash burn, and a questionable delivery outlook.
- Source: Benzinga
Wed, Feb. 4, 7:55 AM
Fri, Jan. 30, 7:27 AM
- Net income of $255.5M, or $0.95 per share, vs. $47.7M, or $0.16 per share, for the same period last year. Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $0.82.
- Approximately 3.4M shares were repurchased during the quarter for ~$200M as part of a $1.5B share repurchase program approved in Feb. 2014. The company repurchased approximately 22M shares for approximately ~$1.4B during full-year 2014.
- The company expects revenues for full-year 2015 in the range of 4%-5% compared with 2014. Full-year adjusted EPS from continuing operations is expected to be in the range of $3.66 to $3.81 (reported $3.60 to $3.75.)
- Q4 results
Fri, Jan. 30, 7:04 AM
IR vs. ETF Alternatives
Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified company that provides products, services and solutions to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, and increase industrial productivity and efficiency.
Other News & PR