Wed, Feb. 4, 7:55 AM
Fri, Jan. 30, 7:27 AM
- Net income of $255.5M, or $0.95 per share, vs. $47.7M, or $0.16 per share, for the same period last year. Adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $0.82.
- Approximately 3.4M shares were repurchased during the quarter for ~$200M as part of a $1.5B share repurchase program approved in Feb. 2014. The company repurchased approximately 22M shares for approximately ~$1.4B during full-year 2014.
- The company expects revenues for full-year 2015 in the range of 4%-5% compared with 2014. Full-year adjusted EPS from continuing operations is expected to be in the range of $3.66 to $3.81 (reported $3.60 to $3.75.)
- Q4 results
Fri, Jan. 30, 7:04 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 22, 11:00 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR +1.9%) has been designated as the "Official Power Tools of NASCAR" through a new multi-year partnership.
- "We know how important tool performance is in racing – if your tools perform, your vehicle performs," said John Evans, president of power tools at Ingersoll-Rand.
- As part of the new partnership, the company will be at the track each weekend providing expert tool support, service, new tool demonstrations for pit crews and will offer fans the opportunity to try tools first hand.
Fri, Jan. 2, 9:07 AM| Fri, Jan. 2, 9:07 AM | Comment!
Dec. 22, 2014, 7:35 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR) has entered into an agreement to acquire Frigoblock, a manufacturer of transport refrigeration units in Europe, for €100M.
- The acquisition is expected to be accretive to EPS, EBITDA margins and ROIC in its first full year of operation and is estimated to close in the first half of 2015.
Nov. 24, 2014, 3:43 PM
- Twenty-two spinoffs have been completed in 2014, the most in a decade, and another 28 have been announced. Among the catalysts are activist investors, so Credit Suisse screened for companies with multiple business segments, slow growth, and stocks trading for lower multiples than peers, in other words, "good, quality companies that are struggling to grow."
- The list is heavy on big media names like Time Warner (NYSE:TWX) and Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA), big tech like Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), Symantec (NASDAQ:SYMC), and IBM, and big industry like Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR), and Raytheon (NYSE:RTN), but just two financial names - Travelers (NYSE:TRV) and Torchmark (NYSE:TMK).
- The rest: MO, CA, WU, DPS, PBI, SJM, HRS, SWK, EMR, WLP, MAT, GE, SNA, LLL, ITW, STJ, PDCO, HPQ, DLPH, HAS, NAVI, GME, CBS, JNJ, SLB.
Oct. 24, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR) has lowered its profit outlooks to reflect expected costs associated with its new $1.1B debt offering.
- The company cut its fourth-quarter EPS from continuing operations outlook to a range of $0.63-$0.67 from $0.68-$0.72 cents. The FY 2014 outlook has been cut to a range of $3.12-$3.16 from $3.20-$3.24.
Oct. 22, 2014, 8:40 AM
- Net profit of $291.3M, or $1.07 per share, vs. $165.9M, or $0.56 per share, for the same period last year. EPS from continuing operations came in at $1.10 vs. $0.75 a year earlier.
- Approximately 2.6M shares were repurchased during the quarter for ~$160M, related to a $1.5B share repurchase program approved by the company's board of directors on February 5, 2014.
- The company expects revenues for full-year 2014 to increase approximately 4%, with FY EPS from continuing operations expected to be in the range of $3.17-$3.21.
- Q3 results
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:10 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 7, 2014, 10:12 AM
Oct. 3, 2014, 8:36 AM
Oct. 2, 2014, 10:02 AM
IR vs. ETF Alternatives
Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified company that provides products, services and solutions to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, and increase industrial productivity and efficiency.
Other News & PR