Aug. 19, 2014, 12:52 PM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR -0.8%) is downgraded to Neutral from Outperform with a $65 price target, down from $68, at Robert W. Baird, which is shifting to a more conservative stance as it recognizes IR's strong outperformance over the past two years.
- While appreciating the long-term strategic fit of Cameron's centrifugal compression business, Baird says a shift away from share buybacks towards M&A raises the risk profile of future earnings growth.
- From an execution standpoint, the firm believes 2015 sets up as a more difficult year given deal integration, tougher comps in ThermoKing, and stubbornly slow Institutional end markets.
Aug. 18, 2014, 6:55 AM
Aug. 8, 2014, 12:10 PM
Jul. 22, 2014, 7:04 AM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 23, 2014, 9:25 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR) net profit drops 10% to $79M, hurt by restructuring costs and the spin-off of the company's commercial and residential security operations in December.
- Operating margin increased to 5.7% from 4.5%, mainly due to improved volume, productivity and pricing.
- Expects adjusted Q2 EPS of $1.09-1.13 vs consensus of $1.06, and revenue growth of 4-5% vs analyst forecasts for a fall of 9.9% to $3.54B.
- Affirmed 2014 outlook, citing the prospect of moderate growth in global construction and slow growth in industrial markets.
- Shares are +1.7% premarket. (PR)
Apr. 23, 2014, 7:03 AM
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM| Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM | Comment!
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM | Comment!
Apr. 2, 2014, 8:45 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:12 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand's (IR) net profit drops to $47.6M from $235.6M, hurt by $102.2M in spinoff costs and restructuring expenses.
- Net income from continuing operations more than halves to $77.7M.
- Industrial segment revenue edged up less than 1% to $771.4M; climate +7.8% to $2.33B.
- Expects Q1 adjusted EPS of $0.23-0.28 vs consensus of $0.34 and revenue growth of 2-3% vs a decline of 12%.
- Forecasts 2014 EPS of $3.05-3.20 vs $3.20 and revenue growth of 3-4% vs 5%.
- Ingersoll-Rand intends to complete a $2B stock buyback program in Q1 and then begin a new $1.5B scheme. (PR)
Feb. 11, 2014, 7:03 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 5, 2014, 7:19 AM
Dec. 24, 2013, 10:05 AM
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR +0.4%) is still Market Perform-rated at Wells Fargo post the ALLE spin.
- "While we see longer-term upside potential to IR's stock price driven by good exposure to non-residential construction markets that could have modest growth potential and internal margin improvement initiatives, we believe the stock is currently appropriately valued," analyst Andrew Casey says.
- Price target cut to $60-63 to account for the spin-off.
IR vs. ETF Alternatives
Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified company that provides products, services and solutions to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, and increase industrial productivity and efficiency.
Other News & PR