Thu, Mar. 6, 10:27 AM
- Notably lower today with the major averages in the green are retail REITs Realty Income (O -1.5%) and National Retail Properties (NNN -1.7%), and shopping-center REITs like Kimco (KIM -1.1%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -0.6%), Federal Realty (FRT -1%), and Brixmor (BRX -1.2%).
- Investors may be mulling over a continuing string of disappointing retail earnings reports and plans for mass store closings from the likes of RadioShack and Staples.
- Brixmor is also the subject of a downgrade from Buy to Neutral from UBS.
Fri, Jan. 10, 2:44 PM
- The broad averages are struggling following the jobs number, but the big decline in interest rates (the 10-year Treasury is now off 10 bps to 2.87%) has the equity REIT sector lit up bright green.
- Ventas (VTR +4.4%) is having the biggest day, continuing to cruise through a couple of early-year downgrades (latest was Barclays on Wednesday). Among those also higher: National Retail Properties (NNN +3.1%), Realty Income (O +1.6%), Health Care REIT (HCN +2.5%), HCP (HCP +3.8%), RAIT Finanical (RAS +1.4%), Apartment Investment (AIV +2.9%), General Growth (GGP +1.6%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +1.5%), Government Properties (GOV +1.6%), American Campus (ACC +1.7%).
- Relevant ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, DRN, REZ, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, ROOF, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FNIO, WREI
May. 28, 2013, 6:17 PM
IRC vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR