PR Newswire (Dec 3, 2013)
PR Newswire (Dec 2, 2013)
Isis Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 1 Study of ISIS-GSK3 Rx and Earns $3 Million Milestone Payment From GSKPR Newswire (Nov 26, 2013)
PR Newswire (Nov 25, 2013)
Isis Pharmaceuticals to Investigate a Higher Dose of ISIS-SMN Rx in Children with Spinal Muscular AtrophyPR Newswire (Nov 22, 2013)
PR Newswire (Nov 15, 2013)
PR Newswire (Nov 5, 2013)
PR Newswire (Oct 29, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 10, 2013)
PR Newswire (Oct 9, 2013)
PR Newswire (Oct 3, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 1, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Sep 30, 2013)
PR Newswire (Sep 25, 2013)
PR Newswire (Sep 22, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 10, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 1, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Sep 30, 2013)
at Fox Business (Sep 9, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Sep 9, 2013)
We are the leading company in antisense technology, exploiting a novel drug discovery platform we created to generate a broad pipeline of first-in-class drugs. Antisense technology is a direct route from genomics to drugs. With our highly efficient and prolific drug discovery platform we can... More
Wednesday, Nov 278:55 AMHealthcare coverage initiations roundup
Wednesday, Nov 278:55 AM| Comment!
- Piper starts Celgene (CELG) at Neutral.
- Repros Therapeutics (RPRX) initiated at Overweight at Piper. Price target is $26.
- Piper starts Gilead (GILD) at Overweight. Price target is $91.
- Incyte (INCY) initiated at Overweight at Piper. Price target is $56.
- Piper starts Insmed (INSM) at Overweight. Price target is $34.
- Piper starts MannKind (MNKD) at Neutral.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) is initiated at Overweight at Piper. Price target is $20.
- Amgen (AMGN) initiated at Overweight at Piper. Price target is $143.
- Vanda (VNDA) started at Overweight at Piper. Price target is $21.
- Piper initiates Pharmacyclics (PCYC) at Overweight. Price target is $160.
- Piper upgrades Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) to Neutral from Underweight.
- Piper starts Alexion (ALXN) at Overweight. Price target is $172.
Tuesday, Nov 268:10 AMIsis Pharmaceuticals initiates study, earns milestone payment
Tuesday, Nov 268:10 AM| Comment!
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) starts a Phase 1 study of ISIS-GSK3 in "a therapeutic area where there is a significant need for better therapies."
- The investigational drug "is designed to inhibit the production of an undisclosed target." (PR)
- The initiation of the study earns ISIS a $3M milestone payment from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
- ISIS +2.8% premarket
Friday, Nov 221:36 PMIsis Pharmaceuticals adds higher dose cohort to SMA trial, shares rise
Friday, Nov 221:36 PM| Comment!
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS +7.1%) trades higher after the company says it is adding a 12 mg cohort to a Phase 1b/2a ISIS-SMNRx SMA study.
- The company says the infant 12 mg cohort has been initiated.
- Patient additions will "not change [the company's] plan to report data on the first three cohorts by early next year," ISIS says. (PR)
Sunday, Nov 1710:52 PMIsis Pharmaceuticals announces Phase 1 data from elevated lipoprotein study
Sunday, Nov 1710:52 PM| Comment!
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) says patients with elevated Lp(a) saw a mean reduction in lipoprotein of 36%, 62%, and 82% for the 100, 200, and 300 mg dose cohorts of ISIS-APO(a)Rx, respectively.
- The data is from a Phase 1 dose-escalation study "designed to assess the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics" of the antisense drug.
- The results support the company's plan to initiate a Phase 2 program in 2014. (PR)
Tuesday, Nov 129:40 AM
Tuesday, Nov 58:59 AMOperating loss narrows at Isis
Tuesday, Nov 58:59 AM| Comment!
- Isis Pharmaceuticals' (ISIS) pro forma operating loss narrows from Q3 2012.
- Revenue — which is of course largely dependent upon the timing of payments from partners — comes in at $23.6M for the period, up from $11.6M in Q3 2012.
- As expected, opex prints a bit higher for the period at $46.3M due to development costs. (PR)
- Cash position as of September 30 was $670.9M (stock offerings and payment from Biogen).
- Conference call at 11:30 am ET
Tuesday, Nov 58:40 AM
Tuesday, Nov 512:05 AMNotable earnings before Tuesday’s open
Tuesday, Nov 512:05 AM| Comment!
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT, TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Monday, Nov 45:30 PMNotable earnings before Tuesday’s open
Monday, Nov 45:30 PM| Comment!
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Wednesday, Oct 168:35 AMIsis earns $10M milestone payment from Biogen as antisense drug advances
Wednesday, Oct 168:35 AM| Comment!
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) earns a $10M milestone payment from Biogen (BIIB) related to the advancement of the antisense drug ISIS-DMPKRx in myotonic dystrophy type I.
- "We plan to begin human clinical studies next year," ISIS says.
- BIIB can license the drug through Phase 2, which could result in a license fee to ISIS of up to $200M plus "double-digit royalties" on any sales of the drug. (PR)
Friday, Oct 119:26 AMNPS Pharma slides, Cramer says sell some red-hot biotechs
Friday, Oct 119:26 AM| 12 Comments
- It appears a large number of NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) shares were sold Friday morning at $32 each.
- The company itself was not a part of the transaction. According to NPSP, "these were shares that were held by Takeda that they sold to Jefferies in a block trade and Jefferies has re-sold the shares through its sales distribution network."
- Thursday evening, Cramer recommended "ringing the register on pretty much any biotech that's smaller than $10B." Stocks mentioned: NPSP, ISIS, CLDX, ACAD, TSRO
Friday, Oct 47:39 AMIsis doses first child in SMA study, earns milestone payment
Friday, Oct 47:39 AM| 1 Comment
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) doses the first infant in a Phase 2 study of ISIS-SMNRx in Type I spinal muscular atrophy.
- The goal of the study is to determine the optimal dose for a Phase 2/3 trial set to begin "early next year."
- The initiation of dosing earns ISIS a $2M milestone payment from Biogen (BIIB). (PR)
Monday, Sep 235:23 PMAlnylam, Isis get more sell-side love after trial results
Monday, Sep 235:23 PM| Comment!
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) and Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) get another upgrade each, on a day when both names saw their price targets hiked meaningfully following the release of trial data. (here and here)
- Needham's Alan Carr ups his target on ALNY to $65 from $55 saying the data "bode well for [the ATTR] program and the rest of the ALNY development effort."
- As for ISIS, Needham's Chad Messer hikes his target to $46 from $36, citing the ISIS-APOCIIIRx FCS data presented over the weekend. Although there were only three patients, Messer called the 69% reduction in triglycerides "unprecedented."
Monday, Sep 232:06 PMAlnylam Pharmaceuticals extends gains after Leerink hikes price target
Monday, Sep 232:06 PM| Comment!
- It's a banner day for sell-side billion dollar biotech bumps, writes theStreet's Adam Feuerstein, citing price target hikes from Leerink and BMO for Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX +11.2%) and Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS +7.3%) respectively.
- Add Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY +7.1%) to the party, as Leerink's Marko Kozul ups his price target to $80 from $57.59 citing today's TTR-mediated amyloidosis data.
- "Full ALN-TTR-SC (amyloidosis) data incrementally derisk both TTR-SC and ALNY's near term clinical pipeline programs," Kozul notes.
Monday, Sep 238:57 AMBMO raises Isis' PT following positive drug results
Monday, Sep 238:57 AM| Comment!
- BMO Capital ups its price target on Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) to $43 from $31 after the company said over the weekend that its ISIS-APOC3-Rx treatment lowered triglyceride levels in three patients with familial chylomicronemia syndrome.
- BMO, which maintained its outperform rating, believes that the data demonstrates that ISIS-APOC3-Rx addresses a significant unmet need that could help accelerate the drug's time to market.
- Familial chylomicronemia syndrome is a rare and very serious genetic disorder that is characterized by high triglyceride levels. The condition causes problems such as abdominal pain, eruptive fatty skin lesions, enlargement of the liver and spleen, and recurrent acute pancreatitis
- Isis shares are +3.9% at $36.06.
Saturday, Sep 214:05 PMIsis announces Phase 2 antisense data in FCS
Saturday, Sep 214:05 PM| 2 Comments
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) outlines data from a Phase 2 trial of the antisense drug ISIS-APOCIIIRx in familial chylomicronemia syndrome.
- All three patients saw "substantial reductions" (average was 69%) in triglyceride levels.
- The disease only affects 3-5K patients worldwide, so the trial was quite small, but the data "are ... compelling and demonstrate the potential of ISIS-APOCIIIRx to produce dramatic triglyceride lowering in patients with FCS," Dr. Daniel Gaudet notes.
- The company says "the significant unmet medical need [associated with FCS] should enable [ISIS to] rapidly move forward." (PR)
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.