The iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF Now Lags Encouraging Housing Data
- Defying June's bearishness, July housing starts surge to impressive post-recession levels.
- Regional performance is still volatile, underlining importance of looking past headline numbers for key drivers.
- The iShares US Home Construction ETF has not only responded with gains in the wake of good housing news, but it also has held these gains so far.
- Strong existing home sales numbers are reaching post-recession highs and adding to encouraging housing picture.
- Affordability and the prospect of higher rates remain important caveats.