Aug. 25, 2014, 7:12 AM| Comment!
Aug. 24, 2014, 5:31 PM
- Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY, OTCPK:RHHBF) will pay $74/share for InterMune (NASDAQ:ITMN), a 38% premium to its Friday close and 63% higher than Aug. 12 when news of a potential sale emerged.
- The deal gives Roche access to pirfenidone, which targets idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a disease that causes tissue deep in the lungs to become thick and scarred over time. Analysts predict pirfenidone will generate $1B in global sales by 2019.
- Pirfenidone joins Roche’s stable of pulmonary treatments, including Pulmozyme for cystic fibrosis, Xolair for asthma, and in-development asthma drug lebrikizumab. Roche plans to speed pirfenidone’s U.S. start-up and help get insurance coverage for the medicine.
- Press release
Aug. 13, 2014, 1:25 PM
- Shares of InterMune (ITMN +14.3%) spike on a 2x surge in volume in response to rumors that Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY +0.4%), Sanofi (SNY +0.7%), Glaxo (GSK -0.1%) and Actelion (OTCPK:ALIOF) (OTC:ACIOY) are preparing offers. Trading in ITMN shares was halted briefly at 1:00 pm EDT due to abnormal volatility.
Apr. 29, 2014, 8:00 AM
- Intermune (ITMN) is the latest pharmaceutical company to be linked with merger news, with the Betaville blog reporting that the firm is the subject of takeover interest from Actelion (ALIOF) and Sanofi (SNY).
- Actelion has apparently lined up $3-4B in financing from several banks, including JPMorgan.
- Intermune shares are +1.8% premarket; its market cap is $3.02B as of yesterday's close.
Apr. 28, 2011, 9:54 AM
Other News & PR