SA Transcripts • Aug. 3, 2014
There are no Focus articles on ITVPF.
There are no Related articles on ITVPF.
Nov. 22, 2013, 3:47 PM
- The European Commission is close to launching a widespread probe into the sale of rights to exclusive TV content including films and sporting events.
- The commission is weighing the impact of the current system on poorer countries in the EU.
- What to watch: Technology is outpacing the ability of the Pay-TV industry in Europe to charge on a country-by-country basis, indicating the entire model could be ripe for disruption.
- Related stocks: ITVPF, BSYBF, BT, MANU.
Nov. 10, 2013, 2:12 AM
- BT Group (BT) has won the U.K. rights to screen matches from the European Champions League and the Europa League soccer tournaments after pipping BSkyB (BSYBF) - in which Fox (FOX, FOXA) owns a 39% stake - and fellow British broadcaster ITV (ITVPF) with a bid of £897M ($1.44B).
- The victory is the latest coup for BT, which last year broke Sky's stranglehold on English Premier League (EPL) matches by agreeing to pay £738M for exclusive rights to screen 38 games a season over the next three years.
- However, the price paid for the European deal has sparked concerns that BT is overpaying and about how the company will foot the the bill for its growing sports portfolio. Still, the EPL rights have already attracted new broadband customers, who can watch the games for free.
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
ITVPF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR