There are no Focus articles on ITYBF.
There are no Transcripts on ITYBF.
Mon, Oct. 6, 8:15 AM
- The International Tax and Investment Center plans to lobby politicians attending a World Health Organization meeting to consider an agreement on tobacco taxes, according to Financial Times.
- The group, which is sponsored by major tobacco companies, says it wants a "balanced approach" to excise taxation issues.
- The WHO global summit on tobacco takes place in Moscow later this month.
- Related stocks: RAI, LO, MO, PM, BTI, OTCQX:ITYBY, OTCPK:ITYBF.
Fri, Oct. 3, 4:21 AM
- In a note yesterday, BofA/ML listed the following Buy ideas:
- ABB (NYSE:ABB), CRH (NYSE:CRH), Gamesa (OTCPK:GCTAF, OTCPK:GCTAY), Hugo Boss (OTCPK:BOSSY, OTC:HUGPF), Imperial Tobacco (OTCPK:ITYBF, OTCQX:ITYBY)
- Firm also listed the following Underperform ideas:
- Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:DDAIY), Infineon (OTCPK:IFNNF, OTCQX:IFNNY)
Thu, Sep. 4, 2:49 AM
- After a German court last month ordered a Lorillard (NYSE:LO) subsidiary to stop selling its blu e-cigarettes as a result of another claim from Zippo, Lorillard has decided to take the lighter manufacturer to a U.K. High Court.
- Zippo declares that it has been using the Blu brand name for its butane torch lighters since 2007, although Lorillard says the threats are unfounded and is now seeking damages for Zippo's conduct.
- Blu e-cigarettes are currently being sold to Imperial Tobacco (OTCQX:ITYBY) as part of Lorillard's $27.4B merger with Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI).
Tue, Sep. 2, 2:18 AM
- Imperial Tobacco (OTCQX:ITYBY) has closed approximately $13B of loans to finance its acquisition of several brands and assets of Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI).
- The financing covers the $7.1B acquisition of cigarette brands, Winston, Maverick, Kool, Salem and blu, which Reynolds wished to unload to clear the way for its merger with Lorillard (NYSE:LO).
- As part of the purchase, Imperial will also take over Lorillard's national sales force, offices and production facilities.
Wed, Jun. 18, 7:00 AM
- The tobacco industry continues to challenge the necessity of new European Union rules which require governments to impose supply chain tracking on manufacturers.
- The group thinks its current track and trace system can be adapted, instead of adopting costly third-party solutions.
- One goal of an industry-wide tracking system is to cut down on the illegal trade of cigarettes.
- Related stocks: RAI, LO, MO, PM, BTI, ITYBY, ITYBF
Tue, Apr. 29, 12:55 PM
- Bankers and lawyers are busy working on potential mergers in the tobacco industry, reports CNBC (video).
- The biggest buzz is over the potential that Reynolds American (RAI +1.4%) will buy Lorillard (LO +3%) for as much as $80 per share.
- Though Wells Fargo notes Reynolds would have to divest some significant menthol brands to get a Lorillard deal past regulators, the firm sees a deal as likely.
- Other tobaccco players: MO, PM, BTI, ITYBY, ITYBF, PHJMF, JAPAF, SFIO, VGR, SWNG, SWMAF, SWMAY, XXII, BTAFF, UVV
Thu, Mar. 6, 10:24 AM
- Analysts thinks there could be a wave of consolidation in the tobacco industry as the slow growth rates seen in the industry appear to be here to stay.
- The story of the week has been Lorillard (LO -1.7%) which is reportedly a target of Reynolds American (RAI -2.8%), but other linkups are expected.
- The rapid emergence of e-cigarettes will play a factor in the M&A activity. The stance of various regulators will be critical in determining where companies place their bets.
- Related stocks: MO, PM, BTI, ITYBY, ITYBF, PHJMF, JAPAF, SFIO, VGR, SWNG, SWMAF, SWMAY.
Dec. 18, 2013, 4:45 AM
- The compromise text includes the following key measures to be brought into national law by member states:
- No selling of flavored tobacco (including fruit, menthol, vanilla)
- Combined picture and text health warnings that cover 65% of the front and back of packages of smoking products
- Member states may decide to ban cross-border distance sales of tobacco products
- Tobacco stocks: MO, LO, PM, RAI, XXII, AOI, AHII, BTI, BTAFF, GGNPF, PHJMF, ITYBY, ITYBF, JAPAF, SFIO, SWNG, SWMAF, SWMAY, UVV, VGR
- Source: EU Council
Jul. 4, 2012, 4:57 AMMoody's has a positive outlook on European tobacco companies for the next 12-18 months, when the agency expects operating profits to grow 6%. Emerging-market growth and price inelasticity will continue to provide good cash flow and offset "declining sales volumes in mature markets and mounting regulatory pressures." (PR) | 2 Comments
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
ITYBF vs. ETF Alternatives
Imperial Tobacco Group is a tobacco company which is based in the United Kingdom. Co. is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing and selling of a comprehensive range of cigarettes, tobaccos, rolling papers and tubes. Co.'s broad brand and product portfolio includes international cigarette brands... More
Other News & PR