Mon, Apr. 13, 4:10 PM
Wed, Mar. 11, 4:11 PM
- Aequitas NEO - backed by Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE:RY) and with investments from Invesco (NYSE:IVZ) and one of Canada's largest pension funds - is expected to launch late this month, reports the WSJ.
- The investments from Invesco and B.C. Investment Management give the new exchange a major source of volume and listings to be able to compete with TSE operator TMX Group, which already has its hands full with U.S. exchanges taking business.
Tue, Mar. 10, 4:32 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 8:03 AM| 2 Comments
Thu, Feb. 26, 1:51 PM
- PowerShares (NYSE:IVZ) temporarily suspended creations yesterday while taking over full management of the funds from partner Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management.
- With creations allowed again, the funds are no longer susceptible to big premiums such as those seen in closed-end funds, writes Chris Dietrich. Still watch closely, at least for today. PowerShares: "It is possible that the market value of the funds’ shares may be affected by the resumption of issuances of shares of the funds, and the market value may be higher or lower than the intraday indicative value of the shares.":
- The funds: DBC, DBV, DBE, DBO, DBP, DGL, DBS, DBB, DBA, UUP, UDN.
- Previously: PowerShares temporarily suspends creations on 11 ETFs (Feb. 25)
Wed, Feb. 25, 12:39 PM
- The move comes as PowerShares (a unit of IVZ) takes over management of the funds from what had been a joint arrangement with Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management.
- PowerShares: "There may be increases in the spread they quote between offers to buy and sell shares ... In addition, there could be a significant variation between the market price at which shares are traded and the shares’ net asset value ... Invesco believes that any potential impact to the market in shares of the funds will not extend beyond the time of the suspension.”
- Those affected: DBC, DBV, DBE, DBO, DBP, DGL, DBS, DBB, DBA, UUP, UDN.
Tue, Feb. 10, 4:45 PM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 29, 10:10 AM
- Adjusted Q4 net income of $272.6M or $0.63 per share vs. $258.1M and $0.58 one year ago. Ending AUM of $792.4B up 1.8% Y/Y.
- Performance fees of $19M up 84.5% from the previous quarter. Service and distribution fees of $217.7M down 2%. Investment management fees of $1.033B down 3.6%.
- Previously: Invesco beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 29)
- IVZ +3.4%
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:38 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Tue, Jan. 6, 2:17 PM
- The 10-year yield has plunged all the way down to 1.94% and one would figure on some nice increases in book value for the mortgage REITs (REM -0.1%), but on the flip side are narrowing interest rate spreads (especially as the Fed still seems to be intent on hiking short rates), and what hedging losses the companies are taking.
- Other ETFs: MORT, MORL
- Individual names: Annaly Capital (NLY +0.4%), American Capital Agency (AGNC), Armour Residential (ARR -1%), CYS Investments (CYS -0.2%), Invesco Mortgage (IVZ -2.7%), New York Mortgage Trust (NYMT -0.5%), Hatteras Financial (HTS -0.3%), Western Asset Mortgage (WMC -2.7%), Ellington Residential (EARN -0.4%), Javelin Mortgage (JMI -3%).
Dec. 22, 2014, 3:14 PM
- "ETFs are attractive to investors in part because of their tax efficient structure, and Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) ETFs have delivered on this expectation for the past five years, with no distributed capital gains since the first Schwab ETFs launched in 2009," says SVP John Sturiale, taking a victory lap.
- Schwab's announcement comes days after ProShares said it expects none of its 130 ETFs to distribute capital gains, and Invesco's (NYSE:IVZ) PowerShares said nine of its 116 ETFs will distribute.
- Seven large ETF providers have now declared, and just 74 of 712 funds will issue capital gains distributions.
- For Schwab, it has 21 ETFs with $25.9B in AUM.
Dec. 9, 2014, 4:08 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
- In private-equity, Blackstone (BX +1.4%) and KKR & Co. (KKR +0.9%) post gains after being initiated with Overweight ratings, while Carlyle Group (CG -1%) and Oaktree Capital (OAK -0.5%) are started at Equal Weight.
- Moving onto traditional asset managers, Invesco (IVZ -0.5%) is rated Overweight, while T. Rowe Price (TROW -0.3%), Legg Mason (LM -1.5%), Franklin Resources (BEN -0.9%), and BlackRock (BLK -0.2%) are all started at Equal Weight.
Nov. 10, 2014, 2:25 PM
- The PowerShares DB Optimum Yield Diversified Commodity Strategy Portfolio (NASDAQ:PDBC) offers broad commodity futures contracts through a Cayman Islands-based unit, which allows its investors to avoid K-1 tax forms.
- This is a key feature to the fund; K-1 forms can be a burden for investors as they potentially delay filings and may require investors to report and pay taxes on gains annually, even if the security has not been sold.
- "PDBC provides broad and efficient exposure to commodities with the added benefit of eliminating Scheduled K-1 requirements," said Lorraine Wang, Invesco PowerShares Head of Global ETF Products & Research, in a press release.
- This is the 4th actively managed ETF from Invesco (NYSE:IVZ), which now offers 165 funds for investors.
- Other broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSP, GSC, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, FTGC, UCI, CMD, DYY, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, SBV, DPU, COMT, CSCB, CSCR
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:37 AM
IVZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Invesco Ltd is an investment management companyoperating in more than 20 countries. Itprovides retail and institutional clients with an array of investment management capabilities.It has presence inthe institutional and retail markets.
Other News & PR