Thu, Jan. 29, 10:10 AM
- Adjusted Q4 net income of $272.6M or $0.63 per share vs. $258.1M and $0.58 one year ago. Ending AUM of $792.4B up 1.8% Y/Y.
- Performance fees of $19M up 84.5% from the previous quarter. Service and distribution fees of $217.7M down 2%. Investment management fees of $1.033B down 3.6%.
- Previously: Invesco beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 29)
- IVZ +3.4%
Tue, Jan. 6, 2:17 PM
- The 10-year yield has plunged all the way down to 1.94% and one would figure on some nice increases in book value for the mortgage REITs (REM -0.1%), but on the flip side are narrowing interest rate spreads (especially as the Fed still seems to be intent on hiking short rates), and what hedging losses the companies are taking.
- Other ETFs: MORT, MORL
- Individual names: Annaly Capital (NLY +0.4%), American Capital Agency (AGNC), Armour Residential (ARR -1%), CYS Investments (CYS -0.2%), Invesco Mortgage (IVZ -2.7%), New York Mortgage Trust (NYMT -0.5%), Hatteras Financial (HTS -0.3%), Western Asset Mortgage (WMC -2.7%), Ellington Residential (EARN -0.4%), Javelin Mortgage (JMI -3%).
Dec. 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
- In private-equity, Blackstone (BX +1.4%) and KKR & Co. (KKR +0.9%) post gains after being initiated with Overweight ratings, while Carlyle Group (CG -1%) and Oaktree Capital (OAK -0.5%) are started at Equal Weight.
- Moving onto traditional asset managers, Invesco (IVZ -0.5%) is rated Overweight, while T. Rowe Price (TROW -0.3%), Legg Mason (LM -1.5%), Franklin Resources (BEN -0.9%), and BlackRock (BLK -0.2%) are all started at Equal Weight.
May 20, 2014, 5:38 PM
Apr. 14, 2014, 11:12 AM
- A check of some mutual fund managers after TIAA-CREF agrees to buy Nuveen for $6.5B find Janus (JNS +2.9%), Invesco (IVZ +1.2%), Affiliated Managers (AMG +1.4%), and Federated Investors all posting gains. Acquisitions in this industry don't happen too often as key assets - star fund managers - can pick up and leave pretty much when they choose.
- Top tick? Nuveen's P-E owner Madison Dearborn purchased the company for $6.3B in June 2007. TIAA-CREF chief Roger Ferguson's purchase today takes Madison out at near breakeven.
Apr. 10, 2014, 3:21 PM
- The latest data from Invesco (IVZ -2.1%) suggests U.K.-related attrition is manageable and no major increase in retail redemptions have taken place, says Citi's William Katz, maintaining his Buy rating and $47 price target.
- At Artisan Partners Asset Mangement (APAM -8.1%), however, inflows appear to have disappeared, leaving the firm with small outflows. "We suspect the acceleration in U.S. Value outflows may be related to a lumpy mandate loss while we are encouraged by the initial disclosure of assets for High Yield," says Katz, maintaining his Buy rating and $72 price target.
- Taken together, and adding in figures from Franklin Resources (BEN -2.2%), "point(s) to uninspiring equities flows, which likely suggest tough(er) flow backdrop for the industry at large." Standing out, says Katz, may be Waddell & Reed (WDR -3.7%) which announced $3.5B in inflows QTD back in early March.
- Others: Gamco Investors (GBL -3.1%), Calamos (CLMS -0.6%), Janus (JNS -2.5%), T. Rowe Price (TROW -2.2%), AllianceBernstein (AB -1.9%), Affiliated Managers (AMG -5%), Federated Investors (FII -1.5%).
Mar. 19, 2014, 10:36 AM
- Expectations of $2B-$5B of quarterly inflows "leave little room for error" for WisdomTree (WETF -6.4%), says Citi's William Katz, who cut the stock to a Sell this morning. Stripping out the spectacular (and likely unrepeatable) success of the Japan Hedged Equity Fund, WisdomTree has hit this range just once in the last two years.
- There are better values in asset management elsewhere, says Katz, noting double-digit organic growth at Waddell and Reed (WDR -0.5%) and Artisan Partners (APAM -0.8%), but at far lower P/Es than WisdomTree's 39x. Then there's Invesco (IVZ -0.5%) - which runs PowerShares ETFs - enjoying margins nearly as large as WETF, but with a P/E ratio more than 50% smaller.
- Is WisdomTree - the only "pure play" ETF stock - deserving of a buyout premium? Maybe not, suggests Katz, noting insider selling, continued heavy investment in the business, and acquirers more interested in "seeking de novo growth in the passive arena."
- Earlier coverage
Jan. 30, 2014, 1:30 PM
- "In risk-on environments, clients shift demand toward equities," Invesco (IVZ +1.6%) CEO Martin Flanagan tells reporters after an earnings beat this morning. "This is exactly what we experienced."
- Adjusted revenues of $857.3M gained 17.3% from a year ago and operating income of $347.2M was up 34.5%.
- AUM ended the year at $778.7B, up 16.7% from the end of 2012. Market gains helped, but there were net inflows as well - $34.4B for the year. The PowerShares QQQ fund added $2.6B in new money.
- "When you look at the big, core publicly traded asset management firms, they're doing the best on flows" over the past two years, says Bernstein's Luke Montgomery.
Oct. 15, 2013, 12:01 PM
- Star fund manager Neil Woodford is leaving Invesco (IVZ -4.4%), effective April 29, with the intention of starting his own fund management business. He will remain responsible for his Invesco funds until he departs, at which point Mark Barnett will succeed him.
- Invesco: "We have planned for succession for many years and have built a world-class investment culture that develops and supports gifted and experienced managers."
- Woodford: "I leave the company on good terms and remain fully committed to my fund management responsibilities at Invesco Perpetual until my departure."
Jan. 26, 2012, 1:16 PM
Dec. 15, 2011, 12:16 PMFinancial planner Waddell & Reed (WDR +3.1%) hikes its dividend a surprising 25% to $0.25/share, a meaningful margin over the average 3.3% from its peers, Citi analyst William Katz says. Still, Katz prefers Invesco (IVZ), where he sees stronger growth vs. WDR, and BlackRock (BLK) for its "improving consistency in organic growth." | Comment!
Nov. 10, 2011, 1:27 PM
Oct. 24, 2011, 5:09 PM
Aug. 10, 2011, 3:33 PM
IVZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Invesco Ltd is an investment management companyoperating in more than 20 countries. Itprovides retail and institutional clients with an array of investment management capabilities.It has presence inthe institutional and retail markets.
Other News & PR