SA News • Wed, Nov. 12
From other sites
at CNBC.com (May 9, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Mar 22, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 22, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 14, 2011)
There are no Focus articles on IXN.
There are no Transcripts on IXN.
Wed, Nov. 12, 1:05 PM
- The PureFunds ISE Cyber Security ETF (NYSEARCA:HACK) will invest in a basket of hardware or software companies around the world that are focused on cyber security.
- Christian Magoon, founder of YieldShares and Consultant to ISE ETF Ventures said in a press release: "This increasingly important industry is an investment segment that we believe will likely be an additive to most portfolios."
- HACK is the first ETF to focus exclusively on cyber security.
- Other global technology ETFs: IPK, IXN, ARKQ
Fri, Oct. 31, 12:47 PM
- The ARK Genomic Revolution Multi-Sector ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKG) is an actively managed fund that focuses on companies linked to the genomic industry across a number of sectors.
- The ARK Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKK) will cover all three investment themes ARK now offers ETF coverage of; industrials through the ARK Industrial Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKQ), technology through the ARK Web x.0 ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKW) and genomics with ARKG.
- "Our composite fund is a product of our approach to active management and can bring balance back to portfolios that have become increasingly benchmark-sensitive. Pulling across industries including life sciences, robotics, energy storage, social media, and cloud computing, ARKK will hold some of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the world," stated Cathie Wood, founder and CEO of ARK Investment Management, in a press release.
- Other broad technology ETFs: IPK, IXN
- Other biotech ETFs: XBI, BBH, FBT, PBE
Tue, Apr. 15, 1:49 PM
- While broader equity markets are only seeing modest declines, tech stocks aren't so lucky. The Nasdaq-100 (QQQ -0.8%) had its lowest print since October this morning before recovering slightly.
- Chinese tech stocks (KWEB -4.3%), including 2013 solar high-flyers (TAN -4.2%), are especially hard-hit following a Shanghai selloff triggered by PBOC withdrawals. Other Internet (PNQI -2.3%) and social media (SOCL -2%) stocks aren't faring much better.
- Will earnings season come to the rescue? Intel and Yahoo report after the bell today, and Google and IBM after the bell tomorrow.
- Tech ETFs: XLK, VGT, FDN, ROBO, SOXL, SKYY, TECL, USD, SMH, IPK, IYW, ROM, TDIV, SOXS, SOXX, KWT, TECS, XSD, IXN, IGV, FTEC, RYT, IGM, PXN, QTEC, PSCT, FXL, IGN, PSI, SSG, MTK, REW, PXQ, XSW, FONE, PSJ, AAIT, PTF, CQQQ, QQQC
- Update: Tech stocks rallied in the final hours of trading. The Nasdaq closed up 0.3%.
Oct. 22, 2013, 11:40 AM
- Opening for trade today is ETC's Robo-Stox Global Robotics and Automation Index ETF (ROBO), like its name says, a global play on the robotics and automation industry. The expense ratio os 0.95%.
- The tracked index currently has 77 holdings in companies whose main businesses are "the technologies, services or devices that contribute to any type of robot, robotic action or automation system in realms including health care, manufacturing and military applications." There are also a few 3D printing names.
- The fund is somewhat comparable to the XLK and IXN, but holdings will be a 40/60 balance between "bellwether" stocks who are clearly tied to robotics and automation, and "non-bellwether" names who get revenue from a specialized or unique contribution to the sector.
Jun. 26, 2013, 9:58 AM
Jun. 11, 2013, 8:49 AMOn June 5th, UBS completed its shutdown of 7 ETNs - 5 of which were focused on the IT space. The ETNs had struggled since launch to gain assets. The affected notes: LSKY, EIPO, EIPL, SSDD, SSDL, PTD and BLND. The closure is interesting in that all the affected ETNs except BLND had double-digit positive returns over the recent trailing twelve months. | Comment!
Jan. 1, 2013, 11:40 AM
IXN vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares S&P Global Technology Sector Index Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of companies that Standard & Poor's deems part of the information technology sector of the economy and important to global markets, as represented by the Standard & Poor's Global Information Technology Sector Index. The index is a subset of the Standard & Poor's Global 1200 Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR