Jan. 2, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ -0.5%) has been the subject of takeover rumors for quite some time now thanks to its Irish domicile, but the company may have made itself even more attractive with the recent $1B deal for Gentium, Bloomberg notes.
- JAZZ's operating margin and profit margin are "both [in the] top 96% of specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide that have market values exceeding $1B," Tara Lachapelle says.
- TEVA and Mylan (MYL -0.6%) are listed as "possible suitors."
Dec. 20, 2013, 8:28 AM
- Shares of Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) are 7% higher in thin premarket trading on the heels of the company's Gentium (GENT) acquisition.
- The deal gives the company Defitelio — the sVOD treatment that also has an Orphan designation in the EU for GvHD — which JAZZ says "is highly complementary to [the company's] experience in and focus on orphan diseases in the area of hematology/oncology."
- JAZZ expects the deal to be immediately accretive. (PR)
Dec. 19, 2013, 4:55 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 1:00 PM
- Perrigo's (PRGO) recent deal for Elan has investors all jazzed up about Irish-domiciled healthcare companies.
- The allure of a 12.5% corporate tax rate could mean more M&A activity in the not-so-distant future for "anything with an Irish corporate tax structure," one analyst tells Bloomberg.
- Some of the names being tossed about: Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ +3.2%) and Alkermes (ALKS +3.8%).
Apr. 27, 2012, 1:37 PM
Apr. 26, 2012, 6:04 PMJazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) +11.2% AH after agreeing to acquire privately-held EUSA Pharma for as much as $700M in cash. EUSA's FDA-approved Erwinaze treatment blocks cell growth in patients with acute leukemia by cutting down asparagine levels in the bloodstream. Jazz expects the deal to add $210M-$230M in revenue and $0.75-$0.85/share in earnings. | Comment!
Jan. 18, 2012, 8:44 AM
Sep. 19, 2011, 4:29 PMJazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) is halted after the company announces it will merge with Ireland's Azur Pharma in an all-stock deal. Like Jazz, Azur develops drugs for treating women's health and central nervous system issues. The combined company will have $475M+ in revenue and $200M+ in cash flow in its first 12 months. | 1 Comment
JAZZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR