Oct. 20, 2014, 10:03 AM
- Fares on domestic flights are higher this year than a year ago, despite an increase in capacity across the sector, according to a forecast from Expedia EXPE.
- Thanksgiving flights showed a 17% increase on average to $467, while Christmas flights were up 2% to $493.
- A total of 21M Americans are expected to fly between October and December.
- The outlook could calm some fears that bookings or pricing are off with Ebola concerns cropping up in the U.S.
- Related stocks: DAL, AAL, JBLU, UAL, ALK, HA, RJET, ALGT, LUV, SKYW, SAVE.
Oct. 15, 2014, 11:49 AM
- Airline stocks are under pressure again after a report indicates that the second hospital worker to contract Ebola in the Dallas region flew a commercial flight earlier this week.
- The group has been battered around on Ebola fears over the last few weeks, despite little indication of any impact on bookings so far.
- On watch: DAL, AAL, JBLU, UAL, ALK, HA, RJET, ALGT, LUV, SKYW, LFL, GOL, SAVE.
Oct. 13, 2014, 3:36 PM
Oct. 9, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Select airline stocks stage an early rally, led by a big pop for United Continental (UAL +6.2%) following its report on Q3 PRASM gains.
- There's some commentary from Wall Street on the sector which is also contributing to sentiment: UAL has been added to the Focus List at Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley is calling for gains for the majors.
- Gainers: Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +1.7%, Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) +1.5%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +1.0%, JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ:JBLU) +0.7%.
Oct. 3, 2014, 6:52 AM
- IATA reports total passenger traffic rose 5.9% Y/Y in August to top the 5.4% pace from the previous month.
- International traffic grew 6.7%, while domestic traffic was up 4.5%.
- Traffic for European carriers rose 6.8%, while capacity only grew at a 6.0% clip.
- The load factor fell during the month for North American carriers to 86.6% with capacity outrunning traffic.
- Traffic for Middle East carriers grew by 11.7% as more routes were added in the region.
- Related stocks: AAL, UAL, DAL, RYAAY, OTCPK:CPCAY, OTCPK:SINGY, CEA, ZNH, CPA, GOL, LFL, OTCPK:DLAKF, OTCPK:AIDIF, OTCPK:QUBSF, JBLU,ALK, HA, OTCPK:AIRYY, OTCPK:MLYAF, OTCQX:AFLYY, VLRS, LUV, RJET, SAVE, ALGT.
Oct. 1, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Airline stocks are tilting lower after yesterday's report on the first case of Ebola in the U.S.
- Premarket: JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) -2.2%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) -1.8%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) -1.6%, Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) -1.9%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) -1.5%., Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) -1.3%, Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ:SAVE) -1.4%.
Sep. 30, 2014, 11:06 AM
- Deutsche Bank thinks airline stocks could be range bound until 2015 as the recent sell-off in the sector covers lingering concerns on capacity.
- The investment firm sees upside as the modest growth plans from major carriers and lower fuel prices are factored into earnings estimates.
- Analyst Michael Linenberg taps Southwest Airlines (LUV +0.5%) and Spirit Airlines (SAVE -0.8%) to lead the sector turnaround next year.
- Other airline stocks: DAL, AAL, JBLU, UAL, ALK, HA, RJET, ALGT, LUV.
Sep. 29, 2014, 7:01 AM
Sep. 19, 2014, 7:19 AM
- JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) is expected to introduce new baggage fees next year after Robin Hayes takes over as CEO.
- Analysts have seen outgoing CEO Dave Bargar as a bit of a drag on the company due to his penchant for holding the line on service and baggage fees.
- JBLU +4.4% premarket in reaction to the CEO development.
Sep. 18, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 18, 2014, 4:48 PM| 1 Comment
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:17 AM
Sep. 11, 2014, 2:28 PM| 1 Comment
Aug. 20, 2014, 10:50 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 19, 2014, 6:59 AM
- JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) announces it will add new flights out of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to destinations in Florida.
- The carrier is battling Southwest Airlines for new business out of Reagan after American left a void when it had to reduce flights from the airport to appease regulators.
Aug. 18, 2014, 10:16 AM
- Airline stocks start the week with an upward swing after crude-oil futures drop. Several analysts are out with a forecast for the lower oil prices sustaining for the short-term.
- Advancers: Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +2.6%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +3.3%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +3.5%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) +2.3%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +2.0%.
JBLU vs. ETF Alternatives
JetBlue Airways Corp is passenger airline company. The Company provides passenger airline services in the United States. Its services includePartner airlines, Getaways, Corporate, Cargo, Travel agents, Special assistance and Travel Insurance.
Other News & PR