Aug. 19, 2014, 6:59 AM
- JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) announces it will add new flights out of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to destinations in Florida.
- The carrier is battling Southwest Airlines for new business out of Reagan after American left a void when it had to reduce flights from the airport to appease regulators.
Aug. 18, 2014, 10:16 AM
- Airline stocks start the week with an upward swing after crude-oil futures drop. Several analysts are out with a forecast for the lower oil prices sustaining for the short-term.
- Advancers: Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +2.6%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +3.3%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +3.5%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) +2.3%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +2.0%.
Aug. 12, 2014, 3:06 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:55 AM
- IATA reports total passenger traffic rose 4.7% Y/Y in June. The pace is a deceleration from the 6.2% growth recorded in May.
- International traffic was up 5.5%, while domestic traffic improved 3.4%.
- North American airlines saw a 3.1% gain in traffic, although the load factor fell 2.2 percentage points with capacity up 5.9%.
- Related stocks: AAL, UAL, DAL, RYAAY, OTCPK:CPCAY, OTCPK:SINGY, CEA, ZNH, CPA, GOL, LFL, OTCPK:DLAKF, OTCPK:AIDIF, OTCPK:QUBSF, JBLU,ALK, HA, OTCPK:AIRYY, OTCPK:MLYAF, OTCQX:AFLYY, VLRS, LUV, RJET, SAVE, ALGT.
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:36 AM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, ABC, ALK, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BPOP, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CLF, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COG, CRI, CRY, CSH, CWEI, DAN, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, DST, ECA, EQM, EQT, F, FAF, FLIR, GM, GNTX, GPI, GPK, GRUB, HOT, HSY, IMAX, IMS, IQNT, ISSI, IVC, JAH, JBLU, KEM, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MHO, MMM, MTH, MTRN, NBL, NDAQ, NOK, NUE, NWE, O, ORI, OSTK, PCP, PDS, PENN, PHM, PNK, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RDWR, RS, RTIX, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SIAL, SQNS, SUI, SVU, SXC, TDY, TROW, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, VAC, VDSI, VIVO, WAB, WCC, WIT, WYN, ZMH
Jul. 18, 2014, 9:35 AM
- Airline stocks start off the day with a minor bounce as the developments in Ukraine point to yesterday's Malaysian Air crash being tied to a deliberate action.
- Sector analysts think yesterday's sell-off was a bit overblown.
- Early gainers: Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +1.8%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +1.7%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +1.5%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +2.1%.
Jul. 9, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Deutsche Bank calls the airline stocks oversold after concerns on capacity and pricing took a toll on the sector.
- The investment firm makes the key point that domestic carriers (ALGT, JBLU, RJET, SAVE, LUV) have been dragged down on global trends which don't impact them directly.
- The long-term outlook by DB on big names such as American Airlines Group (AAL), United Continental (UAL), and Delta Air Lines (DAL) is also favorable with benefits from consolidation still due to roll in.
Jul. 3, 2014, 7:25 AM
- IATA reports passenger traffic grew by 6.2% in May, marking a deceleration from the 7.6% growth seen in April.
- International demand was up 7.0%, while domestic demand rose 4.6%.
- Growth by region: Asia Pacific +7.3%, Europe +6.1%, North America +4.4%, Middle East +13.2%, Latin America +9.1%, Africa +1.9%.
- Related stocks: AAL, UAL, DAL, RYAAY, CPCAY, SINGY, CEA, ZNH, CPA, GOL, LFL, DLAKF, AIDIF, QUBSF, JBLU,ALK, HA, AIRYY, MLYAF, AFLYY, VLRS, LUV.
Jul. 2, 2014, 11:43 AM
- Airline stocks are showing weakness after sector leader Delta disappoints with its report on June PRASM.
- The sector was due for a little bit of a blowoff, according to many industry insiders. Delta's stance that global capacity is on the rise provided the spark.
- Decliners: United Continental (UAL) -5.4%, Delta Air Lines (DAL) -4.7%, American Airlines Group (AAL) -3.0%, Allegiant Travel (ALGT) -2.9%, Hawaiian Holdings (HA) -2.2%, JetBlue Airways (JBLU) -2.0%, Alaska Air Group (ALK) -2.0%.
Jun. 26, 2014, 8:25 AM| Comment!
Jun. 25, 2014, 6:49 PM
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) last week included Boston in its list of key hubs and markets for the first time, worrying JetBlue (JBLU) investors, but Wolfe Research thinks DAL’s decision could be good news for JBLU, much in the way it ultimately was for Alaska Air (ALK).
- Wolfe believes JBLU management seeks a 7% return on investment capital this year, but it does not see it happening under the current strategy; the firm figures DAL's growth into Boston might help to force hard choices, as it did for Alaska Air.
- ALK shares fell 26% from peak to trough in May-June 2013 on fears of competitive capacity growth, which led it to take action on fees and resulting in ALK stock gains doubling over the next year.
- Previous: Aggressive push by Delta Air Lines disrupts rivals.
Jun. 24, 2014, 1:55 PM
- Delta Air Lines (DAL +0.1%) is creating a headache for rivals with its penchant for invading new markets, notes Wolfe Research.
- Both JetBlue (JBLU +1.2%) and Alaska Air (ALK +0.9%) have felt the heat from Delta's aggressive push.
- No stunner, but Wolfe Research reminds that tight capacity for carriers in their competitive markets leads to stock out-performance.
Jun. 18, 2014, 3:08 PM
- Perhaps a surprise, but it's Allegiant Travel (ALGT +1%) that is the airline stock which has generated the best return on invested capital over the last year, according to Deutschce Bank.
- The industry (AAL, LUV, DAL, UAL) as a whole is still realizing plenty of merger benefits and capacity gains.
- Though the investment firm is still bullish on most of the group, JetBlue (JBLU -0.1%) and Republic Airways (RJET +0.8%) might present the most upside, reasons DB.
Jun. 12, 2014, 12:19 PM
- Airline stocks take another beating after yesterday's warning from Lufthansa on pricing continues to sour the mood on the group and the prospect of higher oil prices crops up with Iraqi in chaos.
- Regional carriers in the U.S. aren't being spared in the broad sell-off.
- Decliners: United Continental (UAL) -5.7%, Southwest Airlines (LUV) -4.5%, Delta Air Lines (DAL) -5.1%, JetBlue (JBLU) -3.9%, Alaska Air Group (ALK) -3.4%, American Airlines Group (AAL) -6.4%, Allegiant Travel (ALGT) -3.7%, Hawaiian Holdings (HA) -4.1%.
Jun. 11, 2014, 2:45 PM
JBLU vs. ETF Alternatives
JetBlue Airways Corp is passenger airline company. The Company provides passenger airline services in the United States. Its services includePartner airlines, Getaways, Corporate, Cargo, Travel agents, Special assistance and Travel Insurance.
Other News & PR