Oct. 1, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Airline stocks are tilting lower after yesterday's report on the first case of Ebola in the U.S.
- Premarket: JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) -2.2%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) -1.8%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) -1.6%, Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) -1.9%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) -1.5%., Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) -1.3%, Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ:SAVE) -1.4%.
Sep. 30, 2014, 11:06 AM
- Deutsche Bank thinks airline stocks could be range bound until 2015 as the recent sell-off in the sector covers lingering concerns on capacity.
- The investment firm sees upside as the modest growth plans from major carriers and lower fuel prices are factored into earnings estimates.
- Analyst Michael Linenberg taps Southwest Airlines (LUV +0.5%) and Spirit Airlines (SAVE -0.8%) to lead the sector turnaround next year.
- Other airline stocks: DAL, AAL, JBLU, UAL, ALK, HA, RJET, ALGT, LUV.
Sep. 29, 2014, 7:01 AM
Sep. 19, 2014, 7:19 AM
- JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) is expected to introduce new baggage fees next year after Robin Hayes takes over as CEO.
- Analysts have seen outgoing CEO Dave Bargar as a bit of a drag on the company due to his penchant for holding the line on service and baggage fees.
- JBLU +4.4% premarket in reaction to the CEO development.
Sep. 18, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 18, 2014, 4:48 PM| 1 Comment
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:17 AM
Sep. 11, 2014, 2:28 PM| 1 Comment
Aug. 20, 2014, 10:50 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 19, 2014, 6:59 AM
- JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) announces it will add new flights out of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to destinations in Florida.
- The carrier is battling Southwest Airlines for new business out of Reagan after American left a void when it had to reduce flights from the airport to appease regulators.
Aug. 18, 2014, 10:16 AM
- Airline stocks start the week with an upward swing after crude-oil futures drop. Several analysts are out with a forecast for the lower oil prices sustaining for the short-term.
- Advancers: Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +2.6%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +3.3%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +3.5%, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) +2.3%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +2.0%.
Aug. 12, 2014, 3:06 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:55 AM
- IATA reports total passenger traffic rose 4.7% Y/Y in June. The pace is a deceleration from the 6.2% growth recorded in May.
- International traffic was up 5.5%, while domestic traffic improved 3.4%.
- North American airlines saw a 3.1% gain in traffic, although the load factor fell 2.2 percentage points with capacity up 5.9%.
- Related stocks: AAL, UAL, DAL, RYAAY, OTCPK:CPCAY, OTCPK:SINGY, CEA, ZNH, CPA, GOL, LFL, OTCPK:DLAKF, OTCPK:AIDIF, OTCPK:QUBSF, JBLU,ALK, HA, OTCPK:AIRYY, OTCPK:MLYAF, OTCQX:AFLYY, VLRS, LUV, RJET, SAVE, ALGT.
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:36 AM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, ABC, ALK, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BPOP, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CLF, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COG, CRI, CRY, CSH, CWEI, DAN, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, DST, ECA, EQM, EQT, F, FAF, FLIR, GM, GNTX, GPI, GPK, GRUB, HOT, HSY, IMAX, IMS, IQNT, ISSI, IVC, JAH, JBLU, KEM, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MHO, MMM, MTH, MTRN, NBL, NDAQ, NOK, NUE, NWE, O, ORI, OSTK, PCP, PDS, PENN, PHM, PNK, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RDWR, RS, RTIX, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SIAL, SQNS, SUI, SVU, SXC, TDY, TROW, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, VAC, VDSI, VIVO, WAB, WCC, WIT, WYN, ZMH
Jul. 18, 2014, 9:35 AM
- Airline stocks start off the day with a minor bounce as the developments in Ukraine point to yesterday's Malaysian Air crash being tied to a deliberate action.
- Sector analysts think yesterday's sell-off was a bit overblown.
- Early gainers: Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) +1.8%, United Continental (NYSE:UAL) +1.7%, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) +1.5%, American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) +2.1%.
JBLU vs. ETF Alternatives
JetBlue Airways Corp is passenger airline company. The Company provides passenger airline services in the United States. Its services includePartner airlines, Getaways, Corporate, Cargo, Travel agents, Special assistance and Travel Insurance.
Other News & PR