Thu, Apr. 23, 7:58 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) reports sales rose 4% after excluding the impact of currency.
- Gross profit rate rose 155 bps to 17.10%.
- Segment revenue: Building Efficiency: $2.38B (+4%), Automotive Experience: $5.23B (-7%), Power Solutions: $1.59B (+2%).
- Segment income: Building Efficiency: $166M (+31%), Automotive Experience: $250M (+8%), Power Solutions: $264M (+13%).
- FQ2 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.90 - $0.92 (+14% to +16%).
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $3.30 - $3.45 (+10% to +15%).
- JCI -0.16% premarket.
- FQ2 results
Thu, Apr. 23, 7:05 AM| Comment!
Wed, Apr. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Tue, Apr. 14, 8:11 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) announces it created a new joint venture with a subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems.
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors will be the largest interiors supplier in the world to the automobile industry with revenue estimated at $8.5B.
- Operations for the new venture are expected to begin in July after regulatory approvals are in hand.
Tue, Mar. 31, 7:09 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) announces it sold its Global WorkPlace Solutions business to CBRE Group for $1.475B.
- The company had previously tipped off its intention to unload the asset.
- Under the terms of the deal, Johnson Controls will stay a preferred service provider for facilities managed by CBRE and Global WorkPlace Solutions for 10 years.
- The transaction is expected to close in Q2 of FY15.
Wed, Mar. 11, 3:05 AM
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) has announced that high-density packages of lithium batteries like those used in cell phones and laptops pose fire risks and should not be carried on passenger planes until safer methods for carrying them are developed.
- The risk is "continually increasing (and) requires action to be taken," said the aircraft maker.
- A report that labels the batteries as "dangerous goods" is due to be considered in April by the U.N. International Civil Aviation Organization. The recommendations would then need to be approved by the group in October, and by a broader air safety council next year.
- Lithium stocks: ARTX, CBAK, ENS, FMC, GB, JCI, OTCPK:LHMAF, OTCQX:NMKEF, OTCPK:OROCF, OTCPK:PCRFY, PPO, ROC, SQM, OTCQX:WLCDF
- ETFs: LIT
Thu, Mar. 5, 5:06 PM
- Johnson Controls' (NYSE:JCI) Global Workplace Solutions manages 1.8B square feet of corporate real estate globally and accounted for about 10% of the company's $42.7B in sales in the fiscal year ending Sept. 2013. Analysts estimate the unit's value at between $600M and $1.5B (pretty wide range!).
- JCI last year put the division on the block as it didn't fit it in with its core operations.
- CBRE's (NYSE:CBG) move comes at a time of increasing deal activity in commercial real estate, with Cushman & Wakefield also up for sale, and FirstService spinning off Colliers International.
Mon, Mar. 2, 1:57 PM
- There's a broad rally in auto parts stocks underway after a strong read on sales in some key European markets.
- Sales in Spain rose 26% Y/Y in February, while sales improved 7% in Germany and 4.1% in France.
- February U.S. sales are due to be reported tomorrow by manufacturers.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML)+4.1%, Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) +2.6%, Modine Manufacturing (NYSE:MOD) +2.6%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.5%, Visteon (NYSE:VC) +2.4%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.4%, Lear (NYSE:LEA) +2.4%, Lydall (NYSE:LDL) +2.2%, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) +2.2%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +2.0%.
Thu, Feb. 5, 12:34 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 11:40 AM
Thu, Jan. 22, 5:42 PM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) says it expects its joint venture with Hitachi, detailed during JCI's FQ1 earnings report, will generate sales of $2.6B in 2016 as it expands the product lines and geographic reach of the companies' commercial air conditioning businesses.
- JCI says it plans to invest $525M in the venture - in which it will own 60% and Hitachi the remaining 40% - and expects initial profit margins of 4%-5%.
- JCI announced in late 2013 that it would enter into a JV with Hitachi, but the agreement took a year to complete and still faces regulatory approval, which the company expects to be completed this spring.
- CEO Alex Molinari has been steering JCI away from service businesses and lines of low-margin automotive components, and during today's earnings call said "we’re on [course] or even further ahead than I expected."
Thu, Jan. 22, 7:24 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) reports gross profit rate rose 85 bps to 15.75%.
- Segment revenue: Building Efficiency: $3.54B (+5%), Automotive Experience: $5.28B (-3%), Power Solutions: $1.84B (+4%).
- Segment income: Building Efficiency: $201M (+38%), Automotive Experience: $243M (+23%), Power Solutions: $318M (+4%).
- FQ2 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.74 - $0.76.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $3.55 - $3.70.
- FQ1 results
Thu, Jan. 22, 7:03 AM
Wed, Jan. 21, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 8, 11:16 AM
Dec. 11, 2014, 8:25 AM| 3 Comments
JCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Johnson Controls Inc creates products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles.
Other News & PR