Today, 1:57 PM
- There's a broad rally in auto parts stocks underway after a strong read on sales in some key European markets.
- Sales in Spain rose 26% Y/Y in February, while sales improved 7% in Germany and 4.1% in France.
- February U.S. sales are due to be reported tomorrow by manufacturers.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML)+4.1%, Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) +2.6%, Modine Manufacturing (NYSE:MOD) +2.6%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.5%, Visteon (NYSE:VC) +2.4%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.4%, Lear (NYSE:LEA) +2.4%, Lydall (NYSE:LDL) +2.2%, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) +2.2%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +2.0%.
Thu, Feb. 5, 12:34 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 11:40 AM
Thu, Jan. 22, 5:42 PM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) says it expects its joint venture with Hitachi, detailed during JCI's FQ1 earnings report, will generate sales of $2.6B in 2016 as it expands the product lines and geographic reach of the companies' commercial air conditioning businesses.
- JCI says it plans to invest $525M in the venture - in which it will own 60% and Hitachi the remaining 40% - and expects initial profit margins of 4%-5%.
- JCI announced in late 2013 that it would enter into a JV with Hitachi, but the agreement took a year to complete and still faces regulatory approval, which the company expects to be completed this spring.
- CEO Alex Molinari has been steering JCI away from service businesses and lines of low-margin automotive components, and during today's earnings call said "we’re on [course] or even further ahead than I expected."
Thu, Jan. 22, 7:24 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) reports gross profit rate rose 85 bps to 15.75%.
- Segment revenue: Building Efficiency: $3.54B (+5%), Automotive Experience: $5.28B (-3%), Power Solutions: $1.84B (+4%).
- Segment income: Building Efficiency: $201M (+38%), Automotive Experience: $243M (+23%), Power Solutions: $318M (+4%).
- FQ2 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.74 - $0.76.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $3.55 - $3.70.
- FQ1 results
Thu, Jan. 22, 7:03 AM
Wed, Jan. 21, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 8, 11:16 AM
Dec. 11, 2014, 8:25 AM| 3 Comments
Dec. 3, 2014, 10:06 AM
- There's a broad rally in auto parts stocks the day after major U.S. automakers reported largely favorable reports on November sales.
- News from China on aggressive plans by automakers to add capacity is also supporting the sector.
- Gainers: Stonebridge (NYSE:SRI) +2.7%, Tenneco (NYSE:TEN) +2.1%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.1%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +1.8%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +1.8%, Federal-Mogul Holdings (NASDAQ:FDML) +1.7%, Autoliv (NYSE:ALV) +1.5%, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) +1.5%.
Dec. 2, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) sets FY2015 sales guidance at $42.3B lower than the consensus sales of $43.15B.
- Segment sales: Automotive seating: down 5.0% to 6.0%; Power solutions: up ~8.0% to 10.0%; Building Efficiency: +9.0% to 11.0%.
- Segment margin: Automotive seating: up ~ 5.4% to 5.7%; Power solutions: up ~16.5% to 16.7%; Building Efficiency: +9.4% to 9.6%.
- Adjusted diluted EPS: $3.55 to $3.70 vs. consensus EPS of $3.61.
- Capital Expenditure: $1.3B.
- Free cash flow: ~$1.5B.
- Source: Press Release
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:17 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:06 AM| Comment!
Sep. 30, 2014, 3:58 PM
- Johnson Controls (JCI -0.8%) says it plans to sell its building management service as part of an effort to focus more tightly on making high-value equipment.
- The unit accounted for ~10% of JCI's $42.7B of sales in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, 2013.
- Global Workplace Solutions has become expendable as JCI moves away from service businesses and certain lines of automotive components to focus on York-brand heating and air conditioning equipment for commercial buildings and on devices for monitoring and regulating electricity usage, temperature, fire safety and security.
Sep. 23, 2014, 11:53 AM
Aug. 21, 2014, 8:18 AM| 2 Comments
JCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Johnson Controls Inc creates products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles.
Other News & PR