Thu, Feb. 12, 5:36 PM
Thu, Feb. 12, 4:33 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 9:58 AM
- Cloud backup service provider Carbonite (CARB +23.3%) says it has received an unsolicited $15/share ($404M) buyout offer from J2 Global (JCOM +1.6%). Carbonite's board will review the proposal.
- Carbonite has soared to $14.49 on the news. Back in 2012, J2 offered to buy Carbonite for $10.50/share. The company has acquired a string of Internet services firms (I, II) in recent years.
May. 8, 2014, 4:30 PM
Apr. 16, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Yelp (YELP +2.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Cree (CREE +2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham ahead of its April 22 FQ3 report.
- Youku (YOKU +1.2%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Goldman.
- SouFun (SFUN +5.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman.
- Motorola Solutions (MSI -1.6%) has been cut to Neutral by Nomura a day after announcing the Zebra Technologies deal and issuing a Q1 warning.
- Control4 (CTRL +7%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Raymond James. Q1 results are due on May 1.
- Nimble Storage (NMBL +5.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by UBS.
- J2 Global (JCOM +7.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Sidoti.
- Xoom (XOOM +1.4%) has been upgraded to Equal Weight by Evercore ahead of its April 22 Q1 report.
- Bitauto (BITA +9.1%) has been started at Outperform by Credit Suisse. Rival Autohome (ATHM +9.8%) has been started at Neutral, but is also up sharply.
- IPO underwriters have given A10 Networks (ATEN +3.7%) five bullish ratings and one neutral one.
Feb. 14, 2014, 9:13 AM
Aug. 8, 2013, 8:47 PM
- j2 Global (JCOM +4.4%) closes higher after its Q2 beat. The company set a new 52-week high earlier in the day ($50.13) before selling off slightly.
- EBITDA was $66.4M, up 39.8% Y/Y.
- Free cash flow was $66.2M, up 45.2% Y/Y.
- A $27M patent settlement lifted results, contributing $12.6M to revenue, $8M to FCF, and $0.17 to EPS.
- 2013 guidance was re-affirmed on the CC. j2 expects 2013 revenue of $510M-535M (consensus $517.3M) and EPS of $2.78-2.98 (consensus $2.86).
Feb. 13, 2013, 5:54 PM
Feb. 13, 2013, 5:17 PM
Feb. 13, 2013, 5:16 PM
Nov. 12, 2012, 11:11 AMJ2 Global (JCOM +2.7%) has acquired Ziff Davis, owner of PCMag.com, ExtremeTech, Geek.com, and other tech-oriented Web properties, for $167M in cash. The purchase is slightly off the beaten path for J2, a provider of hosted communications services, but the company notes it's both a major buyer of ads, and a seller via ad-supported sites such as eFax Free. Buying Ziff-Davis puts J2 into competition with GeekNet (GKNT -1.5%). J2 recently made an offer to buy cloud backup services firm Carbonite. | Comment!
Nov. 6, 2012, 9:25 AMCarbonite (CARB) +11.8% to $9 after disclosing J2 Global (JCOM) owns a 9.9% stake, and proposed to buy the entire company for $10.50/share. Carbonite, which went public at $10 last year, rejected the offer, but the stake suggests J2 could make another bid. Carbonite's cloud data backup services would complemented J2's hosted communications services. | Comment!
Nov. 1, 2012, 5:49 PM
Aug. 1, 2012, 6:17 PM
May. 3, 2012, 7:17 PM
Aug. 2, 2011, 5:47 PM
JCOM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR