Wed, May 20, 8:20 AM
Thu, May 7, 4:54 PM
Tue, Mar. 24, 11:02 AM
- Beverage stocks break higher as some industry sales tracking is reported to be positive.
- The C-store channel has been vibrant for the sector recently.
- Strong gainers include Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) up 2.5% and Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) with a 2.3% increase.
- Small player Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) is up 7% and Cott (NYSE:COT) continues its stellar 2015 run with a 2.2% rally.
- Even large soda sellers Pepsico (PEP +1.2%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.7%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS +0.7%) are ahead of broad market averages.
Sat, Feb. 14, 10:13 AM
- Craft soda is starting to become a trend to watch closely, according to industry insiders.
- Though still accounting for only ~1% of the total U.S. soda market, major retail chains have increasingly been willing to bet on local craft brands in store aisles.
- The craft craze is old news for the beer industry where coming-of-age millennials buy craft/local beers at a 50% higher rate than brand-loyal older generations. Fading stars such as Budweiser and Bud Light are testament to the impact of the millennial paradigm.
- The craft influence in coffee hasn't been lost on Starbucks which has strategically deployed trucks on college campuses in an effort to win over students.
- Despite the progressive reputation of Starbucks, analysts think new upstarts such as Craft (subscription) and Cups (app) have a shot of gaining influence with the Indie-minded millennial crowd on "customization" and pricing.
- What to watch: An increase in M&A activity in the beverage sector is expected as major companies strategically pick off more local craft brands to incubate.
- Craft beer watch: BUD, OTCPK:SBMRY, TAP, OTCQX:HEINY, SAM, BREW, STZ, OTC:BIBLF, OTCPK:BRBMF.
- Craft coffee watch: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN, QSR, MCD.
- Craft soda watch: PEP, KO, MNST, COT, DPS, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, SODA, FIZZ.
Aug. 27, 2014, 6:59 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 5:26 PM
Jan. 3, 2014, 5:07 PM
- Jones Soda (JSDA +6.3%) enters into a $2M secured revolver with BFI Business Finance at the Prime Rate +200bp (with a monthly 15bp fee). The facility has a 1-year term which automatically extends absent cancellation from either party.
- The new loan facility replaces Jones' prior credit agreement with Access Business Finance, which expired in Dec. (8-K)
Jun. 28, 2012, 6:52 AM
Feb. 2, 2012, 8:58 AM
Dec. 5, 2011, 7:59 AMJones Soda (JSDA) announces it landed authorizations from a bevvy of U.S retailers including Safeway, Kroger, and Publix to sell its products in stores. The new deals add to robust distribution growth for the company, and according to CEO William Messner firm will make the question of where to find its products easier to answer. | Comment!
May 27, 2010, 8:07 AM
Mar. 23, 2010, 7:41 AM
Mar. 23, 2010, 7:33 AM
Mar. 9, 2010, 7:45 AM
Aug. 7, 2008, 4:08 PM
JSDA vs. ETF Alternatives
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Jones Soda Co. (OTCQB: JSDA) markets and distributes premium beverages under the Jones Soda brand and sells through its distribution network in markets primarily across North America. A leader in the premium soda category, Jones is known for its variety of... More
Other News & PR