- John Wiley is transitioning away from publishing towards digital assessments, training, and learning.
- The Journal Subscriptions segment is growing slowly due to the maturity of the industry.
- The Professional Development segment is facing lackluster book sales growth and an over dependence on physical books.
- Management's investment in the Education segment has resulted in rapid growth. The segment's growth should continue but at much slower rate due to emerging headwinds.
- John Wiley's current high valuation combined with slow growth produces a risky investment.