Thu, Aug. 13, 4:52 PM
- Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) reports comparable-store sales increased 4.8% in Q2.
- Women's apparel and cosmetics were categories standing out with strong demand during the quarter.
- Online sales rose 20% Y/Y.
- Off-price sales were up 16%.
- Gross profit rate -6 bps to 35.3%.
- SG&A expense rate +86 bps to 29.1%.
- Inventory ended the quarter up 11% Y/Y on a ramp-up ahead related to the Trunk Up and Canada business.
- Previously: Nordstrom EPS of $1.09
- JWN +5.51% after hours.
Thu, Aug. 13, 4:12 PM
Wed, Aug. 12, 5:35 PM
Thu, May 14, 4:08 PM
Thu, May 14, 4:08 PM
Wed, May 13, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 19, 4:22 PM
- Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) reports comparable-store sales increased 4.7% in Q4.
- Online sales +19% during the quarter.
- Nordstrom Rack sales +7%.
- Nordstrom's gross profit rate fell 53 bps to 36.7%, influenced by a higher level of markdowns at Nordstrom Rack.
- The company's guidance of 2015 EPS of $3.65-$3.80 falls short of the consensus analyst mark of $4.12.
- Previously: Nordstrom misses by $0.03, beats on revenue
- JWN -2.2% after hours.
Thu, Feb. 19, 4:10 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:35 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 7:57 AM| Tue, Feb. 17, 7:57 AM | Comment!
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:33 PM
- Q3 earnings of $142M or $0.73 per share vs. $137M and $0.69 one year ago.
- Total comp sales growth of 3.9%; Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) comp sales growth of 3.4%.
- Full-year EPS outlook lowered to $3.70-$3.75 from $3.80-$3.90, with part of that due to the Trunk Club acquisition that's expected to cut EPS by about 3% this fiscal year. The net sales outlook is expected to be at the top end of the previously guided 6.5-7.5% range. Comp sales are expected right in the middle of the earlier 3-4% range.
- Conference call at 4:45 ET
- Previously: Nordstrom beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
- Shares +2.3% after-hours
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:08 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) -3.2% AH after reporting generally in-line Q2 results, as sales at stores open at least a year rose 2.7% Y/Y but missed the 3.1% growth analysts had estimated; full-line department store sales fell 1.2% vs. projections for growth of 1.2%.
- JWN says it expects the planned $350M acquisition of men's clothing service Trunk Club will dilute EPS for the next several years as the result of share issuance and other impacts; estimates the acquisition will reduce FY 2014 earnings by 3%-5%.
- At JWN's discount Rack unit, net sales grew 18%, reflecting increased volume and contributions from new stores, while same-store sales gained 4%.
- Raises the lower end of FY 2014 guidance and now sees EPS of $3.80-$3.90 on sales growth of 6.5%-7.5% vs. previous guidance of $3.75-$3.90 EPS on sales growth of 5.5%-7.5%.
Aug. 14, 2014, 4:08 PM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:35 PM
JWN vs. ETF Alternatives
Nordstrom Inc operates as a fashion specialty retailer, with 290 U.S. stores located in 38 states as well as a robust e-commerce business through Nordstrom.com and HauteLook. It has two reportable segments: Retail and Credit.
Other News & PR