Nov. 13, 2014, 4:33 PM
- Q3 earnings of $142M or $0.73 per share vs. $137M and $0.69 one year ago.
- Total comp sales growth of 3.9%; Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) comp sales growth of 3.4%.
- Full-year EPS outlook lowered to $3.70-$3.75 from $3.80-$3.90, with part of that due to the Trunk Club acquisition that's expected to cut EPS by about 3% this fiscal year. The net sales outlook is expected to be at the top end of the previously guided 6.5-7.5% range. Comp sales are expected right in the middle of the earlier 3-4% range.
- Conference call at 4:45 ET
- Previously: Nordstrom beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
- Shares +2.3% after-hours
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:08 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) -3.2% AH after reporting generally in-line Q2 results, as sales at stores open at least a year rose 2.7% Y/Y but missed the 3.1% growth analysts had estimated; full-line department store sales fell 1.2% vs. projections for growth of 1.2%.
- JWN says it expects the planned $350M acquisition of men's clothing service Trunk Club will dilute EPS for the next several years as the result of share issuance and other impacts; estimates the acquisition will reduce FY 2014 earnings by 3%-5%.
- At JWN's discount Rack unit, net sales grew 18%, reflecting increased volume and contributions from new stores, while same-store sales gained 4%.
- Raises the lower end of FY 2014 guidance and now sees EPS of $3.80-$3.90 on sales growth of 6.5%-7.5% vs. previous guidance of $3.75-$3.90 EPS on sales growth of 5.5%-7.5%.
Aug. 14, 2014, 4:08 PM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:35 PM
May. 15, 2014, 4:08 PM
May. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 4:08 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:10 AM| 2 Comments
Feb. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM| Comment!
Nov. 14, 2013, 4:07 PM
Nov. 14, 2013, 12:10 AM
Nov. 13, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 15, 2013, 4:39 PM
- Nordstrom (JWN) Q2 comes in mixed, beating on a per share basis but missing on top line revenue estimates.
- Net sales +6.4% Y/Y.
- Total Company same-store sales increased 4.4%.
- Same- store sales during the Anniversary Sale - historically is largest sales event - increased in the low single-digit range.
- Sales trends showed moderate improvement relative to the first two months of the year but remained softer than anticipated.
- The company cuts guidance for the full year, now seeing its EPS coming in at $3.60 to $3.70 per share, down from its prior outlook of $3.65 to $3.80. The Street is at $3.78 per share.
- It also lowers overall sales guidance from previous expectations of between 4% - 6% to 3% - 4%.
- Same-store sales expectations are also lowered to between 2% to 3% compared to its prior outlook of 3% to 5%.
- Shares -2.4% AH.
Aug. 15, 2013, 4:07 PM
JWN vs. ETF Alternatives
Nordstrom, Inc operates as a fashion specialty retailer, with 262 U.S. stores located in 35 states as well as a robust e-commerce business through Nordstrom.com and HauteLook. It has two reportable segments: Retail and Credit.
Other News & PR