Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE) reports comparable direct-to-consumer sales rose 15.2% in Q3.
- The company's rapid expansion drove sales higher. Retail space square footage in North America was up 47% from a year ago.
- Segment revenue growth: Kate Spade North America +11.0% to $192.9M, Kate Spade International -2.6% to $50.9M, Adelington Design Group +15.5% to $6.63M.
- Gross profit rate +140 bps to 62.8%
- SG&A expenses +32.3% to $154M.
- KATE +7.6% premarket
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:25 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Sep. 24, 2014, 8:13 AM
- Retail sales could increase by 4.5% to $986B this holiday season on an improved macroeconomic backdrop, forecasts Deloitte Touche.
- The mark would easily top last year's 2.8% rise.
- Online sales are tipped to rise by 14%.
- Promotional activity across broad retail has been dialed back a touch during the back-to-school season, but is still a risk to margins heading into the crucial shopping period.
- What to watch: This holiday season could be an operational pressure cooker for UPS (NYSE:UPS) and FedEx (NYSE:FDX) with demand expected to be high.
- Related stocks: AAP, AEO, ANF, BBBY, BBY, BJ, CHS, COH, COST, DG, FDO, FL, GPS, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LB, LULU, M, NDN, PIR, RL, TGT, TIF, TJX, UA, URBN, VFC, WMT, ZLC, PERY, SQBG, VNCE, KORS, GIII, KATE, GIL, VRA, ICON, PSMT, AMZN.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, FDIS, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK
Aug. 14, 2014, 3:38 PM
- Tiger Global Management was active in buying and exiting positions in consumers stocks over the last quarter, according to th hedge fund's most recent filing.
- New positions: Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Vera Bradley (OTC:VERA), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO).
- Increased: 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA) to 19.26M shares; Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) to 3.193M shares.
- Maintained: Burger King (NYSE:BKW) at 7.2M shares, MasterCard (NYSE:MC) at 3.44M shares, Dollar General (NYSE:DG) at 7.893M shares.
- Exits: SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA), Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE), Carter (NYSE:CRI).
- SEC Form 13F
Aug. 13, 2014, 7:27 AM
- Piper Jaffray cuts estimates on Guess (NYSE:GES) after seeing Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE) throw a scare into the sector during its earnings call by signaling it might push its EBITDA margin goal out a year.
- Wedbush Securities analyst Corrina Freedman thinks the 25.4% drop in Kate Spade yesterday was overdone. The investment firm is a buyer at current levels.
- Piper lowers its outlook on profit margins for Guess and drops it price target to $29.
Aug. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 11:57 AM
- The bottom just fell out of Kate Spade (KATE -18.8%) this morning after shares had run up a tidy 7% post-earnings gain.
- During the firm's earnings call, execs said they "might" push out long-term guidance by a year.
- That ambiguity by management and the heavy hand of short-minded traders appear to be swinging momentum.
- Volume on KATE is already 10X normal activity.
- Earnings call webcast
Aug. 12, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Shares of Kate Spade (KATE +7.3%) carve out a new multi-year high after a bustling Q2 report and a bump in guidance.
- The retailer almost doubled up the street estimate for comp growth with its 30.4% mark.
- What to watch: Some retail analysts are wary of the heavy level of markdowns and margin compression that Kate Spade had to endure to achieve its sales pop. If the brand slips out of the affordable luxury category, they note that working its way back up could be difficult.
Aug. 12, 2014, 9:06 AM
- Kate Spade (NYSE:KATE) reports comparable direct-to-consumer sales rose 30.4% in Q2.
- The rate of sales growth for both the Kate Space North America and Kate Spade International segments was over 50% during the period.
- The retailer's gross profit rate fell 320 bps to 58.6% on a shift in mix toward off-price volume.
- KATE +5.8% premarket
Aug. 12, 2014, 7:54 AM
Aug. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 14, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Kate Spade (KATE) reports a solid 22% gain in direct-to-consumer sales during Q1.
- Comp sales rose 43% from a year ago as the company underwent a major re-alignment with its core brands.
- Gross profit rate fell 210 bps to 55.3% during the period with promotional activity higher.
- Full-year 2014 EBITDA guidance of $115M-$125M is reaffirmed.
May. 14, 2014, 7:45 AM
May. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
KATE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR