May. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 2, 2014, 1:01 PM
- Kate Spade (KATE +1.3%) is reiterated by Nomura at a Buy rating.
- The investment firm thinks the company can generate double-digit comparable sales growth.
- E-commerce could also be a big part of the Kate story.
- Nomura's price target of $41 on the premium clothing seller indicates this year's rally in Kate still has legs.
Apr. 29, 2014, 7:31 AM
- The luxury sector could see some pressure after Coach saw its comparable-store sales in North America plummet in North America during FQ3.
- Though Coach lost market share to rivals during the period with its brand not quite as strong, the weak sales report could also tip off some underling demand issues in the sector for key categories.
- On watch: Tiffany (TIF), Ralph Lauren (RL), Michael Kors (KORS), Kate Spade (KATE)
Mar. 10, 2014, 5:49 PM
Feb. 25, 2014, 7:48 AM| Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 10, 2014, 9:13 AM| 8 Comments
Jan. 9, 2014, 7:35 PM
- Fifth & Pacific (FNP) officially changes its name to Kate Spade.
- The company decided to make the change after a number of asset sales and closures left it with just one major brand.
- In another bit of major news, the retailer says CEO William McComb will step down to be replaced by Craig Leavitt, the current CEO of Kate Spade.
Dec. 10, 2013, 11:15 AM
- Fifth & Pacific (FNP +1.8%) has some pretty big ideas now that it can focus most of its attention on Kate Spade.
- CEO William Mccomb says the brand can become the next Coach as it branches out into more products.
- A play into luxury makes sense right now with high-end spending holding up amid a retail holiday season, but it's also tough turf to break into, note analysts.
Dec. 10, 2013, 9:54 AM| Comment!
Dec. 10, 2013, 7:40 AM
- Fifth & Pacific (FNP) announces it struck an agreement to sell Lucky Brand Jeans to P-E firm Leonard Green for $225M.
- The deal price reps a multiple of 7X trailing 12 months EBITDA for the brand.
- The retailer divested its Juicy Couture business in October and a sale of Lucky Brand has been widely expected.
Dec. 3, 2013, 11:23 AM
- Fifth & Pacific's (FNP +0.6%) Kate Spade brand is drawing interest from potential buyers, according to Bloomberg.
- Kate Spade has a very strong track record of sales growth in the U.S. with on-trend designs.
- Sterne Agee thinks that interest is so high that a sale could fetch more than Fifth & Pacific's current market cap.
Nov. 8, 2013, 5:05 PM| Comment!
Nov. 7, 2013, 7:43 AM| Comment!
Nov. 7, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AAWW, AEE, AES, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, ANSS, APA, APO, ARQL, ATK, BCE, BDBD, BKCC, BR, BZH, CBB, CCO, CMLP, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, COTY, CPN, CQB,DYN, EOG, FCN, FLO, FLY, FNP, FSYS, FUN, FUR, FWLT, FWM, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HII, HNT, IGT, IRC, IT, JRCC, KIOR, KLIC, LNT, LRN, MFC,MLM, MT, MWIV, MWW, NVAX, NWN, NXTM, RDN, RGEN, RGLD, ROK, SFUN, SMG, SNI, SSYS, STWD, THI, TICC, TK, TTI, TW, USAC, VC, VNDA, VTG,WEN, WIN, WLK, WMC, WWAV
KATE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR