Fri, Jul. 31, 7:08 AM
Thu, Jul. 30, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jun. 17, 8:31 AM
- Matchit represents the next evolution in KCG's (NYSE:KCG) U.S. equities ATS, now offering investors more comprehensive data to make better-informed trading decisions, says the company.
- "One of KCG's strengths is our ability to source liquidity. MatchIt provides the firm and its subscriber clients with another way to access liquidity in today's marketplace," says Erica Attonito, who oversees Matchit.
- The ATS was previously registered and marketed under the name "Knight Match."
- Source: Press release
Wed, Jun. 3, 7:38 AM
- A total of 82.3M shares were tendered at or below $14 per share, and KCG expects to repurchase 23.6M shares at $14 each on a pro rata basis, except for tenders of odd lots, which will be accepted in full for another $330M.
- The preliminary proration factor is about 28.7%, and the shares expected to be bought back represent roughly 22% of the float.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, May 1, 9:54 AM
- Q1 non-GAAP pretax income of $32.4M vs. $30.5M in Q4, $57.6M a year ago. GAAP earnings of $249.3M or $2.19 per share thanks to a pretax gain of $373.8M from the sale of KCG Hotspot.
- Trading revenues of $208.8M vs. $221.4M in Q4, $258.3M a year ago. Commissions and fees $100M vs. $117.3M and $112.3M.
- Company has tendered for $330M of its stock at a range of $13.50-$14 per share.
- Previously: KCG Holdings reports Q1 results (May 1)
- KCG +6.3%
Fri, May 1, 7:15 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 8:35 AM
- The longtime head of KCG Holdings (NYSE:KCG) market-making division, George Sohos has resigned, effective immediately.
- SEC Form 8-K
- Sohos' departure comes following the sudden exit of CFO Steven Bisgay in September. Both had been with Knight Capital since well before the Getco merger.
- The market-making segment is KCG's most valuable business, generating $238.7M vs. overall firm revenue of $346.1M in Q4.
Fri, Jan. 30, 7:07 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 8:33 AM
- KCG Hotspot is KCG Holdings' (NYSE:KCG) FX trading venue, and BATS Global is buying for $365M in cash and up to another $70M over the next three years based on certain tax benefits.
- The deal is expected to boost KCG's tangible book value by about $2 per share.
- KCG CEO Daniel Coleman: "Upon completion of the deal, our focus will be on putting the cash to good use for KCG and our shareholders."
- Source: Press release
- Shares +3.2% premarket
Tue, Jan. 6, 8:44 AM
- Steffan Parrat has been appointed as KCG's permanent CFO, replacing Sean Galvin, who will return to the Chief Accounting Officer slot. Galvin had been in the CFO role since September when Steve Bisgay moved on.
- Among Parrat's past positions, he was a managing director at BAML as well as at Citigroup.
- Press release
Dec. 15, 2014, 1:33 PM
- KCG Holdings' (KCG -0.2%) Europe unit lost power in its main London building about 2 PM local time, and initially told traders it was running on backup power. A few minutes later, however, KCG sent an update telling customers to route European orders elsewhere while it fixed the issue. The company also said it was canceling all open orders.
Oct. 30, 2014, 1:15 PM
- Q3 non-GAAP loss from continuing operations of $19.518M compares to a profit of $21.5M on Q2 and $19M one year ago.
- CEO Daniel Coleman: "The muted retail trading activity and single-digit realized volatility within a heightened competitive environment cut into Market Making segment results."
- Market Making segment: Total revenue of $166.6M vs. $218.4M in Q2. Pretax loss excluding certain items of $5.2M vs. a profit of $36M. Average daily volume of $24.7M vs, $25.1M; in terms of daily trades 3.3M vs. 3.6M; in terms of shares traded 5.8M vs. 10.8M.
- Global Execution Services segment: Total revenue of $79.2M vs. $85.9M in Q2. Pretax income excluding certain items of $1.9M vs. $2.6M.
- Company has begun to explore options for KCG Hotspot, its electronic FX trading vehicle.
- Previously: KCG Holdings EPS of -$0.09
- Off substantially earlier, KCG has returned to flat for the session.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:12 AM
Sep. 12, 2014, 2:38 PM| Comment!
KCG vs. ETF Alternatives
KCG Holdings Inc is asecurities firm offering clients a range of services designed to address trading needs across asset classes, product types and time zones. It is also engagedin principal trading via exchange-based electronic market making.
Other News & PR