Thu, Feb. 5, 12:48 PM
- Kirkland's (KIRK +7.8%) pops after announcing a management succession plan.
- COO Mike Madden will be promoted to CEO to replace the retiring Robert Alderson and will also join the board.
- The changes go into effect at the end of the week.
- In addition, the company boosted Q4 EPS guidance, moving to a view of $0.84-$0.87 vs. $0.77-$0.84 prior.
Nov. 20, 2014, 3:24 PM
- Home furnishing stocks stocks are in rally mode after Kirkland's (KIRK +22.9%) and Williams-Sonoma (WSM +8.3%) both top expectations.
- The development follows strong reports from Home Depot and Lowe's which also showed strong demand for home products.
- Gainers: Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) +6.4%, Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) +2.0%, Haverty Furniture (NYSE:HVT) +2.5%, Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) +2.0%, Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) +2.9%.
Nov. 20, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aug. 21, 2014, 8:59 AM
- Shares of Kirkland's (NASDAQ:KIRK) fall sharply in early trading after the company misses profit estimate with its FQ2 report and lowers guidance.
- The company now sees FY15 EPS of $0.87-$0.97 vs. $0.90-$1.00 prior and $0.98 consensus.
- Soft traffic trends continue for the retail chain.
- KIRK -9.4% premarket
Aug. 21, 2014, 7:03 AM| Comment!
Jun. 14, 2012, 10:42 AMSpecialty home furnishing companies are trading higher as they ride the coattails of Pier 1 Imports' strong same-store sales numbers and hiked FY12 guidance. (PIR +5.3%). So far this year, consumers haven't backed off in droves after seeing price increases on home accessories. Gainers: KIRK +4.9%, HVT +3.1%. | Comment!
May. 18, 2012, 10:17 AMShares of Kirkland's (KIRK -14.6%) sink after the company's Q1 earnings report is in-line with the consensus estimates of analysts, but highlights the home decor retailer's woes. A promotional environment in the sector and weak same-store sales are proving to be a major challenge, as the company cuts its full-year EPS forecast to $.87-$0.97 from prior guidance of $1.10-$1.15. | Comment!
Aug. 19, 2011, 12:23 PM
KIRK vs. ETF Alternatives
Kirkland's Inc is a retailer of home decor and gifts. Its stores present a selection of distinctive merchandise, including framed art, mirrors, wall decor, candles & related items, lamps, decorative accessories, accent furniture, textiles, & among others.
Other News & PR