Jun. 1, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 12, 2014, 4:37 PM
- Though it missed FQ4 estimates, Krispy Kreme (KKD) is guiding for FY15 (ends Jan. '15) EPS of $0.73-$0.79 vs. a $0.76 consensus.
- The company also forecasts a 10% FY15 store count increase (driven heavily by international franchisee openings), says it aims to "achieve modest organic same store sales growth in its Company shops." A majority of new domestic shops will leverage the company's new free-standing factory shop format.
- Krispy Kreme is upping the size of its buyback authorization by $30M to $80M. $50M is remaining following $9.3M worth of buybacks in FQ4.
- Same-store sales rose 1.6% Y/Y in FQ4 at company stores, down from 3.7% in FQ3. Domestic franchise same-store sales +6.2% vs. +10.7%, international franchisees -3.4% vs. -3.1%. Krispy Kreme blames the international drop on "honeymoon effects" for new store openings, and "cannibalization as markets develop."
- Company stores revenue -9% Y/Y to $74.3M, external supply chain revenue +5% to $28.4M. Franchise revenue rose slightly to $10M.
- Krispy Kreme plans to change its same-store sales methodology. Stores will only be counted after 18 months of operation, up from a current 13.
- FQ4 results, PR
Mar. 12, 2014, 4:10 PM
Mar. 12, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 2, 2013, 4:22 PM
- Krispy Kreme (KKD) shares fall 8.6% in AH trading on the back of a one cent EPS beat and miss on the top line in FQ3. The results and subsequent reaction appear thus far to be a deja vu of FQ2, when investors who had priced shares to perfection sent them plunging following a mixed quarter.
- Comparable same store sales rose 3.7% Y/Y, the 12th consecutive quarterly increase, driven "principally by retail price increases."
- Domestic franchise revenue grew 20% to $3M, driven by higher royalties; international franchise revenue was up 3% to $6.2M for the same reason.
- Management bumped its FY2014 EPS range to $0.60-$0.63 from $0.59-$0.63 (vs. analyst consensus of $0.63). FY2015 EPS is seen at $0.71-$0.76 (below consensus of $0.77). KKD expects to open 10-15 company stores, 20-25 domestic franchises, and ~85 international franchises in FY2015.
- Conference call at 4:30 pm ET, PR
Dec. 2, 2013, 4:07 PM
Dec. 2, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 1, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 10, 2013, 5:30 PM
- Krispy Kreme (KKD) reaffirms FY14 EPS guidance, saying it sees its EPS coming in between $0.59 and $0.63, at the low end of the consensus estimate of $0.63
- The company is slated to present at the CL King & Associates Best Ideas Conference in New York City on Wednesday, September 11.
- The presentation is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. EST.
- A Webcast of the presentation will be available here: KKD Webcast
Aug. 29, 2013, 4:12 PM
Aug. 29, 2013, 12:10 AM
Aug. 28, 2013, 5:35 PM
May 30, 2013, 4:29 PMMore on Krispy Kreme's (KKD) FQ1: The upbeat tone management struck during last quarter's CC ("great" February traffic counts, 9% comps growth in week 5) plays out well, as revenues, operating income, and adjusted net income rise 11.2%, 40%, and 37% respectively in FQ1. Same-store sales growth comes in at 11.4%. CEO James Morgan calls the performance "exceptional," and raises FY14 EPS guidance to $0.59-0.63/share versus consensus of $0.58. Shares +10% AH. (PR) | May 30, 2013, 4:29 PM | Comment!
May 30, 2013, 4:13 PM
May 30, 2013, 12:10 AM
KKD vs. ETF Alternatives
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc is a branded retailer and wholesaler of doughnuts, complementary beverages and treats and packaged sweets. The Companys shops are operated under the trademark doughnuts such as Krispy Kreme and Original Glazed.
Other News & PR