Dec. 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
- TrueCar projects automobile sales in the U.S will rise 2.6% to 17M next year.
- The research firm forecasts the average transaction price of new vehicles will increase 2.4% to a $32,589.
- TrueCar's models to watch: Ford F-Series, Mazda CX-3, Mercedes-Benz GLA.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, OTCPK:MZDAY, LAD.
Dec. 19, 2014, 3:00 PM
- U.S. automobile sales are forecast to increase 11% in December to an annual selling rate of 16.6M units, according to a fresh forecast from TrueCar.
- The research firm says the industry benefited from lower gas prices and a better month of weather than was seen a year ago.
- For the full year, TrueCar expects total U.S. vehicle revenue to be up 8.3% to close to $1T.
- Transaction prices on new cars are up 1.9% to $31,831 YTD.
- Used vehicle sales are up 3.3% for the year.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, LAD.
Dec. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
Dec. 19, 2014, 8:04 AM
- CarMax (NYSE:KMX) reports used unit sales in comparable stores increased 7.4% in Q3.
- Wholesales vehicle unit sales improved 10.0% as increased appraisal traffic and the growth of the company's store base.
- Average selling prices: Used vehicles +2.3% to $19,914, New vehicles -1.4% to $27,056, Wholesale vehicles flat at $5,124.
- Gross profit per used vehicle +15.2% to $2,172.
- Gross profit per new vehicle +14.8% to $927
- FY2015 Guidance: Capital expenditure: ~$300M.
- KMX +6.39% premarket.
Dec. 19, 2014, 7:37 AM
Dec. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 17, 2014, 7:47 AM| Comment!
Oct. 23, 2014, 10:14 AM
Oct. 10, 2014, 5:36 PM
Oct. 2, 2014, 9:40 AM
- There's more than passing interest in the auto retailer/dealership group over Warren Buffett's acquisition of Van Tuyl Group.
- Analysts have already tapped the sector as ripe for M&A opportunities before Buffett skipped into the fray.
- AutoNation (AN +2.2%), CarMax (KMX +1.5%), Sonic Automotive (SAH +3.5%), Lithia Motors (LAD +7.1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +3.4%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +3.5%), Asbury Automotive (ABG +5.5%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) are all higher in early action.
- Related: Strong comps at AutoNation.
Sep. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 23, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sep. 23, 2014, 7:46 AM
Sep. 23, 2014, 7:45 AM
- CarMax (NYSE:KMX) reports used unit sales in comparable stores increased 0.2% in FQ2.
- A calendar shift impacted the comp by a full percentage point.
- Wholesales vehicle unit sales improved 7.4% during the period.
- Average selling prices: Used vehicles +4.1% to $20,215, New vehicles -1.2% to $26,991, Wholesale vehicles +4.1% to $5,249.
- Gross profit per used vehicle flat at $2,173.
- Gross profir per new vehicle +45% to $803.
- KMX -4.7% premarket
Sep. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 18, 2014, 3:16 AM
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has put forward a plan to begin supervising the finance units of major car companies, overseeing the 38 largest nonbank lenders in the automotive industry.
- Under the plan, the regulator will scrutinize whether nonbank car-loan providers are discriminating against minorities, using deceptive tactics in marketing loans and following debt-collection laws.
- The new plan would put the finance divisions of major automakers under federal supervision for the first time.
- Related tickers: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, KMX
KMX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR