Yesterday, 8:12 AM| Comment!
Dec. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
Dec. 19, 2014, 8:04 AM
- CarMax (NYSE:KMX) reports used unit sales in comparable stores increased 7.4% in Q3.
- Wholesales vehicle unit sales improved 10.0% as increased appraisal traffic and the growth of the company's store base.
- Average selling prices: Used vehicles +2.3% to $19,914, New vehicles -1.4% to $27,056, Wholesale vehicles flat at $5,124.
- Gross profit per used vehicle +15.2% to $2,172.
- Gross profit per new vehicle +14.8% to $927
- FY2015 Guidance: Capital expenditure: ~$300M.
- KMX +6.39% premarket.
Oct. 10, 2014, 5:36 PM
Oct. 2, 2014, 9:40 AM
- There's more than passing interest in the auto retailer/dealership group over Warren Buffett's acquisition of Van Tuyl Group.
- Analysts have already tapped the sector as ripe for M&A opportunities before Buffett skipped into the fray.
- AutoNation (AN +2.2%), CarMax (KMX +1.5%), Sonic Automotive (SAH +3.5%), Lithia Motors (LAD +7.1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +3.4%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +3.5%), Asbury Automotive (ABG +5.5%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) are all higher in early action.
- Related: Strong comps at AutoNation.
Sep. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 23, 2014, 9:10 AM
Jun. 26, 2014, 1:34 PM
- There's still plenty of cyclical growth left within the U.S. auto market, argues KeyBanc's Brett Hoselton, starting coverage on CarMax (KMX +2.7%) with a Buy and $62 PT.
- Hoselton predicts CarMax will outperform the industry thanks to high off-lease user car sales, the maturing of recently-opened stores, and 15 planned 2015 store openings.
- Auto auction firm KAR (KAR +1.4%) is also higher.
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 20, 2014, 12:19 PM| Comment!
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:14 AM
Apr. 4, 2014, 7:56 AM| 1 Comment
Apr. 1, 2014, 10:50 AM
- Automobile industry stocks are on the rise as the early batch of reports on U.S. sales beat expectations on broad strength.
- Advancers: Lithia Motors (LAD) +2.1%, Asbury Automotive (ABG) +2.3%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.2%, America's Car-Mart (CRMT) +1.4%, CarMax (KMX) +1.5%, AutoNation (AN) +1.5%, Pep Boys (PBY) +2.2%, O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) +1.7%, Advance Auto Parts (AAP) +0.9%.
Dec. 20, 2013, 9:11 AM
Jun. 21, 2013, 9:10 AM
Jun. 21, 2013, 7:48 AMMore on CarMax's (KMX) FQ1: Used unit sales at comparable stores rose 17% to mark the company's best gain in several years. The company says improvements in execution at its store contributed to the strong quarter as well as a more favorable consumer credit atmosphere. New vehicle sales dropped 5.5% while wholesales vehicle sale rose 4.9%. KMX +1.5% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
KMX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR