Dieter Plas • Tue, Dec. 9
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Feb 14, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Feb 6, 2014)
In-Depth Analysis Shows That Even Strong PES2015 Sales Do Not Justify Konami's ValuationDieter Plas • Tue, Dec. 9
- EA and FIFA have hurt Konami real bad. Copies sold of PES declined from 6.8 million to 1 million in 6 years.
- This year PES is getting a lot of positive media attention and this will have a positive impact on sales. I expect PES2015 to outsell PES2014 by 179% during FY2015.
- All of this, plus the fact that Konami is quoting near its 52-week low, could cause investors to think that Konami is worth a buy.
- However, even strong PES 2015 sales appear to not justify its current valuation; which currently represents a P/E of 36. Konami would be more attractive at $14 (its book value).
- A delisting will also cause the stock to be less attractive and accessible and could lower transparency.
Konami: You Will Love This Stock After Casino Legalization
There are no Transcripts on KNM.
Sep. 10, 2013, 9:32 AM
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW +4.7%) has been upgraded to Market Perform by Oppenheimer following its FQ4 results and solid FQ1 guidance.
- Fusion-io (FIO +4%) has been upgraded by Piper, as M&A speculation (I, II) continues to swirl in the wake of Western Digital/Virident.
- Jabil (JBL +2.6%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Needham.
- Calix (CALX -2.9%) has been cut to Sell by Goldman.
- Analogic (ALOG +1.5%) has been started at Buy by Benchmark.
- Konami (KNM +4.1%) has been started at Underperform by Jefferies.
KNM vs. ETF Alternatives
Konami Corp develops, publishes, markets and distributes video game software products for stationary consoles & for portable consoles, also for use on personal computers. It also produces gaming machines for casinos & operates Health & Fitness clubs.
Other News & PR