There are no Focus articles on KORZ.
There are no Transcripts on KORZ.
Oct. 10, 2014, 9:28 AM
- Speculation North Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un has been taken out continues to rise as it's now been more than a month since the tyrant was seen in public. The latest public event missed was today's visit to a family mausoleum, an annual event Kim has attended without fail since he took power.
- He was last seen at a concert on September 3, and previous to that had apparently been walking with a limp, suggesting maybe he's been sidelined with gout or some other disease/injury.
- His father, Kim Jong Il, disappeared for more than two months in 2008 after suffering what Western intelligence believed to be a stroke. In the year following, North Korea fired a long-range rocket, exited international disarmament talks, and conducted another underground nuclear test.
- Last night, North Korea fired a number of machine gun rounds across the border into South Korea, prompting the South to respond with its own fire.
- South Korea ETFs: EWY, KORU, FKO, HKOR, DXKW, KORZ, DBKO, QKOR
Sep. 18, 2014, 4:45 PM
- The SPDR MSCI Mexico Quality Mix ETF (NYSEARCA:QMEX), South Korea Quality Mix ETF (NYSEARCA:QKOR) and Taiwan Quality Mix ETF (NYSEARCA:QTWN) all launched today, adding to the 9 existing international funds focused on quality.
- "Our new SPDR MSCI Quality Mix ETFs provide investors with an opportunity to fine-tune their international exposure with a single-country portfolio that captures multiple investment themes,” said James Ross, executive vice president and global head of SPDR Exchange Traded Funds at State Street Global Advisors, in a press release.
- The other Quality Mix funds SPDR offers: QESP, QCAN, QEMM, QWLD, QJPN, QAUS, QEFA, QGBR, QDEU
- Other ETFs focused on Mexico, South Korea or Taiwan: EWW, UMX, SMK, DBMX, EWY, EWT, KORU, FKO, HKOR, DXKW, KORZ, FTW, DBKO
Apr. 27, 2014, 3:25 AM
- South Korean markets are set to be on watch tomorrow following the resignation of Prime Minister Chung Hong-won in the wake of his government's much criticized response to the ferry disaster. President Park Geun-hye has accepted Chung's resignation.
- Over 300 people have died or are missing and presumed dead after the ship sunk on a routine trip on April 16, with most of them being high-school students and teachers. Initially, it was announced that all the pupils had been rescued.
- ETFs: EWY, FKO, KORU, DXKW, KORZ, HKOR, DBKO
Mar. 3, 2014, 3:02 PM
- After launching 2 S&P 500 centric ETFs within the last 9 months, Horizons is expanding its reach and bringing the the Horizons Korea KOSPI 200 ETF (HKOR) to market on March 4th.
- The ETF will track the KOSPI 200 Index, a free-float-adjusted, market-capitalization-weighted index comprising 200 blue chip companies listed on the Korea Stock Market.
- With an expense ratio of 0.38% HKOR will be the least expensive South Korean investment vehicle in the ETF universe.
- Other ETFs with pure exposure to South Korea: EWY, FKO, KORU, DXKW, KORZ, DBKO
Feb. 24, 2014, 11:03 AM
- Hardest hit of late among regional currencies by the tumble in China's yuan is South Korea's won, reflecting the growing trade between the two countries. Correlations between the yuan and won have grown increasingly tighter over the past year, says Credit Agricole global currency chief Mitul Kotecha, and other Asian currencies have even become negatively correlated with the Chinese unit.
- Morgan Stanley data shows export exposure to China accounts for 13% of South Korean GDP - high, but not as much as Singapore (20%) and Taiwan (17%).
- South Korean ETFs: EWY, FKO, KORU, DXKW, KORZ, DBKO
Jan. 22, 2014, 4:18 PM
- The db X-trackers MSCI All World ex U.S. Hedged Equity Fund (DBAW) is designed to provide exposure to the global ex U.S. equity markets, both developed and emerging, while mitigating exposure to the fluctuations between the U.S. dollar and a basket of global currencies.
- The db X-trackers MSCI South Korea Hedged Equity Fund (DBKO) is designed to provide exposure to the South Korean Equity markets, while mitigating exposure to the fluctuations between the U.S. dollar and South Korean won.
- The db X-trackers MSCI Mexico Hedged Equity Fund (DBMX) is designed to provide exposure to the Mexican Equity markets, while hedging exposure to the fluctuations between the U.S. dollar and Mexican peso.
- All 3 funds will begin trading on January 23rd.
- Other ex U.S. ETFs: VEU, VXUS, SCHF, IXUS, ACWX, CWI, GWL, AADR, RTR, ACIM, VIDI
- Other ETFs covering South Korea: EWY, FKO, KORU, KORZ, DXKW
- Other ETFs covering Mexico: EWW, UMX, SMK
Jan. 2, 2014, 10:40 AM
- The Korean won's strong performance over the last six months is leading a growing number of analysts to worry Samsung's (SSNLF, SSNGY) Q4 results will miss estimates.
- The company's chip business is especially vulnerable to forex swings, since it relies on dollars for order settlement. BNP Paribas estimates every 1% change in the won/dollar exchange rate hurts the op. profit of Samsung's chip division by 4%.
- Citing exchange rates and (to a lesser extent) margin pressure for Samsung's OLED display business, IBK Investment is now expecting the electronics/display/chip giant to post a Q4 op. profit of KWT9.5T ($9.04B), below a KWT10.3T Thomson Reuters consensus.
- Korean automakers Hyundai (HYMLF -5.1%) and Kia (KIMTF -6.1%) also fell hard in Seoul overnight. South Korea's benchmark KOSPI index fell 2.2%.
- Korean ETFs: EWY, FKO, KORU, KORZ, DXKW
Sep. 23, 2013, 9:57 AM
- Extrapolating the Fed's more dovish stance to emerging markets, JPMorgan upgrades Turkey (TUR) and Peru (EPU) to overweight, where they'll join Mexico (EWM), Thailand (THD, TTF, TF), The Philippines (EPHE), and Taiwan (EWT).
- "Turkey feels like the tapering trade," says the team. "The suffering this summer turns to euphoria as the Fed returns to dovishness and retreats from tapering."
- Taiwan and Mexico rate an overweight because of their exposure to developed world growth, but what about Korea (EWY, FKO, KORU, KORZ)? Typically, the country belongs in this group, but JPMorgan is cautious on high-end tech and thus on Samsung. Taiwan, on the other hand, should benefit from the growth in low-priced smartphones.
- Moved to underweight are Russia (RSX, ERUS, RBL, RSXJ, RUDR) and Colombia (GXG, COLX, ICOL).
- Top 10 individual stock picks include ICICI Bank (IBN), Southern Copper (SCCO), and Cemex (CX).
Sep. 16, 2013, 7:14 AM
- Emerging markets power ahead to a 3-month high amid a global rally on the Summers withdrawal news. The MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM) is up 1.1% premarket.
- Particularly notable moves include sharply lower Indonesian and Turkish bond yields, and the South Korean won strengthening to a 6-month high,
- Indonesia gained 3.4% overnight, Turkey +3%, and the Kospi rose 1%.
- The Hang Seng (EWH) jumped as well, +1.5%, though Shanghai closed moderately lower.
- Others: The Philippines and Thailand each gained 2.8%.
- Emerging market ETFs: AGEM, EEM, ADRE, SCHE, GMM, VWO, DEM, EWEM, PXH, PIE, EWX, DGS, EMLB, EDC, EET, EMSA, EDZ, EEV, EUM, TLTE, HILO, EELV, EEMA, EMFT, DVYE, FEMS, EVAL, EGRW, EMCR, IEMG, EMDR, EEME.
- Indonesia: EIDO, IDX, IDXJ.
- Turkey: TUR.
- South Korea: EWY, FKO, KORU, KORZ.
- The Philippines: EPHE.
- Thailand: THD, TTF, TF.
May. 1, 2013, 10:52 AM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
The Fund seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the inverse (or opposite) of the performance of the MSCI Korea 25-50 Index. The Fund seeks daily leveraged investment results and does not seek to achieve its stated investment objective over a period of time greater than one day. The Fund is different and much riskier than most exchange traded funds.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR