Mon, May 4, 2:29 PM
- "Kosmos (KOS -3.9%) is off to a good start in 2015," CEO Andrew Inglis said after KOS issues its Q1 earnings report, but investors disagree, sending shares lower as a Q1 loss of $0.18 came in worse than expected amid lower oil costs and higher exploration expenses, and revenues were nearly chopped in half from the year-ago quarter.
- One piece of good news: KOS says in its earnings conference call that it believes its recent Tortue gas find off Mauritania may be “the largest gas discovery offshore West Africa,” with up to 12T cf of gross resources.
Fri, Apr. 10, 5:36 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 12:49 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 10:01 AM
- Kosmos Energy (KOS -9.2%) says its exploration well off the coast of Morocco's Western Sahara territory failed to make a commercial discovery and will be plugged.
- KOS says the 8.5K sq. mile Cap Boujdour block still has "substantial exploration potential" and a second well could be drilled after further analysis of the data.
- The decision postpones the issue of what would happen if commercially viable oil resources were discovered off the coast of one of the longest running international territorial disputes in Africa.
Dec. 9, 2014, 5:36 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 12:49 PM
- Kosmos Energy (KOS +6.8%) is upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $17.50 price target, up from $12, at RBC Capital after its recent Q3 earnings beat.
- RBC says KOS offers a rare combination of reserves, production, cash flow and a high-risk high-reward drilling campaign, which should lure investors that have been put off international E&P by a dearth of exploration success and weak oil prices.
Oct. 6, 2014, 5:42 PM
- Kosmos Energy (NYSE:KOS) -4.1% AH after announcing that funds affiliated with Blackstone Group and Warburg Pincus will sell a total of 15M KOS common shares in a public offering; the underwriter is granted an option to purchase up to an additional 2.25M shares from the selling shareholders.
- KOS will receive no proceeds from the sale.
Oct. 6, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 5:34 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 4:47 PM
- Kosmos Energy (KOS) -3.1% AH on news that funds affiliated with The Blackstone Group and Warburg Pincus plan to sell a total of 17M KOS common shares in a public offering; the underwriter has a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 2.55M common shares from the selling shareholders.
- KOS will receive no proceeds from the sale.
May 5, 2014, 2:25 PM| Comment!
May 5, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jan. 15, 2014, 10:12 AM
- Kosmos Energy (KOS -6%) sinks after Tullow Oil (TUWLF, TUWOY), KOS's partner in the Jubilee field offshore Ghana, said production would average 100K bbl/day of oil, below expectations.
- KOS's net interest in the field's 2014 production is ~24.1K bbl/day, similar to 2013 levels; as a result, KOS expects to sell eight crude oil cargoes during 2014.
- KOS says the revised forecast primarily stems from the recently completed third gas injection well, which started up in Q4 and provided minimal relief; reservoir performance and well productivity remain strong.
Jan. 6, 2014, 12:27 PM
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI +3.8%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral and Hess (HES -0.7%) is cut to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho on valuation as part of the firm's broader sector outlook, which sees crude prices remaining above breakeven for key basins despite headwinds.
- The firm expects further efficiency gains as key players in the Bakken (HES), Permian (APA, APC), Eagle Ford (MRO, APC) and DJ Basin (APC, NBL, PDCE, SYRG, BCEI) continue to hone skills; its top picks going into 2014 are APA, Kosmos (KOS) and, on the riskier side, APC.
- With APA, the firm sees a continued turnaround to a leaner, shareholder-focused E&P with material catalysts; with KOS, a seasoned explorer with big drilling upside alongside cash flow generation; with APC, market caution until a Tronox damages number is revealed but rebounding given solid assets and liquidity.
Aug. 6, 2013, 2:37 PM
- Kosmos Energy (KOS -2.4%) is downgraded to Neutral at both Citigroup and Howard Weil after posting a wider Q2 loss as hefty expenses related to a failed well more than offset higher oil and gas revenue.
- Weil revisits the timeline for upcoming catalysts and sees a quarter's worth of time until the potential realization of value, so investors can stand on the sidelines for a bit before re-entering.
- While expectations for the Jubilee field's 2013 exit rate volumes are to exceed 120M boe/day, Weil thinks investors have a "show-me" mentality after similar forecasts for two years running.
KOS vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR