- The growth in Kroger’s TTM revenue could exceed that of Costco and is approaching that of Walmart.
- Kroger’s sales rose by 11.6% in the second quarter while Wal-Mart’s sales rose by .02% in the same period.
- Safeway is getting squeezed by Kroger’s growth. Safeway’s revenue grew by $440 billion in the past year, Kroger’s by $5.33 billion.
- Target is also getting squeezed by Kroger; its TTM revenue fell by $25 million in the past year.
- Falling middle class incomes hurt Wal-Mart and benefit Kroger by reducing shopping trips and purchases.