Fri, Sep. 11, 9:19 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) reports revenue rose 5.7% in Q2 before factoring in fuel sales.
- Identical supermarket sales increased 5.3% (ex-fuel).
- FIFO gross margin rate -7 bps to 21.5%.
- Return on invested capital, on a rolling four quarters basis, came in at 14.24%.
- Guidance: Identical supermarket sales growth of 4.0% to 5.0% is anticipated for FY15. The company says it expects FY15 EPS of $1.92-$1.98 vs. $1.90-$1.95 prior and $1.96 consensus.
- Previously: Kroger beats by $0.04, beats on revenue
- KR +6.95% premarket to $37.86.
Fri, Sep. 11, 8:46 AM
Thu, Sep. 10, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jun. 18, 8:48 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) reports identical store sales rose 5.7% in FQ1 (ex-fuel).
- FIFO gross margin rate -7 bps to 22.1%.
- Operating expense rate -15 bps.
- Rent expenses were flat at 0.7% of total sales.
- Guidance: Kroger sees FY15 EPS of $3.80-$3.90 vs. $3.87 consensus.The view on comp sales is lifted by the company to a range of 3.5%-4.5% vs. 3.0%-4.0% prior.
- Previously: Kroger beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
- KR +2.39% premarket to $74.65.
Thu, Jun. 18, 8:17 AM
Wed, Jun. 17, 5:30 PM
Thu, Mar. 5, 8:42 AM
Wed, Mar. 4, 5:30 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:40 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) reports identical-supermarket sales rose 5.6% in Q3 to extend an impressive streak of 44 straight quarters with a positive comp.
- The company says its FIFO gross margin rate fell 2 bps to 21.24% in the quarter.
- FY14 EPS guidance is raised to $3.32-$3.36 vs. $3.22-$3.28 prior and $3.29 consensus.
- KR +4.0% premarket.
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:32 AM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 8:35 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 8:33 AM
Jun. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 9:03 AM
- Kroger (KR) reports identical supermarket sales rose 4.3% in Q4, a mark which stands out during a tough weather period.
- The company's gross margin rate showed an 11 bps improvement over last year's period which is another achievement that not everyone in the sector was able to pull off.
- After adding in the impact of Harris Teeter synergies, FY15 EPS guidance is set at $3.14-$3.25 vs. $3.13 consensus.
- Quick analyst take: Kroger management is drawing praise for navigating some choppy water with skill.
- KR +2.8% premarket
KR vs. ETF Alternatives
The Kroger Co operates retail food and drug stores, multi-department stores, jewelry stores, and convenience stores throughout the United States. It also manufactures and processes some of the food for sale in its supermarkets.
Other News & PR