Fri, Sep. 11, 9:19 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) reports revenue rose 5.7% in Q2 before factoring in fuel sales.
- Identical supermarket sales increased 5.3% (ex-fuel).
- FIFO gross margin rate -7 bps to 21.5%.
- Return on invested capital, on a rolling four quarters basis, came in at 14.24%.
- Guidance: Identical supermarket sales growth of 4.0% to 5.0% is anticipated for FY15. The company says it expects FY15 EPS of $1.92-$1.98 vs. $1.90-$1.95 prior and $1.96 consensus.
- Previously: Kroger beats by $0.04, beats on revenue
- KR +6.95% premarket to $37.86.
Fri, Sep. 11, 9:11 AM
Thu, Jun. 25, 11:50 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) announces a two-for-one stock split and new $500 share repurchase program.
- The company's quarterly dividend is also lifted to $0.21/share which will fall to a $0.105 level after the split.
- Previously: Kroger blasts past all comers (Jun. 18 2015)
- Previously: The Kroger Co. declares $0.105 dividend
- KR +1.33% to $73.91 vs. the all-time high of $77.74 in late March.
Thu, Jun. 18, 8:48 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) reports identical store sales rose 5.7% in FQ1 (ex-fuel).
- FIFO gross margin rate -7 bps to 22.1%.
- Operating expense rate -15 bps.
- Rent expenses were flat at 0.7% of total sales.
- Guidance: Kroger sees FY15 EPS of $3.80-$3.90 vs. $3.87 consensus.The view on comp sales is lifted by the company to a range of 3.5%-4.5% vs. 3.0%-4.0% prior.
- Previously: Kroger beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
- KR +2.39% premarket to $74.65.
Mon, May 11, 10:52 AM
- Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) is up 13.3% after reports on a merger with Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY +3.8%) drove up shares listed in Europe earlier today.
- The talk of industry consolidation has some other U.S. grocery stocks ahead of market averages as well.
- Grocery gainers: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +1.0%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.2%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +1.0%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.0%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +0.9%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +9.8% with earnings also a factor.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize surge on merger reports
Thu, Mar. 5, 12:44 PM
- Strong reports from Kroger and Delhaize are helping to provide a lift for the grocery store sector.
- Earlier this week, privately-owned Publix reported comparable-store sales rose 6.4% in Q4.
- Comps are on the rise and margin gains are being squeezed out by operators off of the sales leverage.
- Solid gains for the day on strong volume are being seen up and down the group: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +4.9%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.6%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.5%, Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) +3.7%, The Fresh Market (NASDAQ:TFM) +1.2%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +2.3%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +2.6%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +14.9%.
Thu, Mar. 5, 12:03 PM
- Kroger (KR +5.2%) jets higher on strong volume after another powerful earnings report.
- The company reported identical-supermarket sales rose by 6% (ex-fuel) during the quarter.
- Key acquisitions Harris Teeter and Vitacost also paid off.
- Kroger sees identical-supermarket sales growth of 3% to 4% next year.
- Victory lap: The death-by-Walmart argument that was thrown around on Kroger a few years ago appears to be soundly defeated.
- Shares of Kroger hit an all-time high of $74.32 earlier today.
- Previously: Kroger beats by $0.14, beats on revenue
Thu, Mar. 5, 9:15 AM
Thu, Mar. 5, 8:42 AM
Dec. 10, 2014, 10:22 AM
- The S&P 500 Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 0.3% today despite the negative action in the broader market.
- A forecast for sustained lower oil prices is the major reason for the upswing.
- Top 20 XRT holdings showing gains: Limited Brands (LB +0.6%), Whole Foods Markets (WFM +0.4%), Casey's General Stores (CASY +0.3%), Ross Stores (ROST +0.7%), Kroger (KR +0.9%), Advance Auto Parts (AAP +0.4%), Target (TGT +0.4%), Zumiez (ZUMZ +0.3%), CST Brands (CST +1.3%).
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:40 AM
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) reports identical-supermarket sales rose 5.6% in Q3 to extend an impressive streak of 44 straight quarters with a positive comp.
- The company says its FIFO gross margin rate fell 2 bps to 21.24% in the quarter.
- FY14 EPS guidance is raised to $3.32-$3.36 vs. $3.22-$3.28 prior and $3.29 consensus.
- KR +4.0% premarket.
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:32 AM
Jul. 2, 2014, 10:57 AM
- Shares of Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -1.9%) and GNC Holdings (GNC -0.8%) slip lower in what appears to be a reaction to competitive threat posed by the acquisition of Vitacost.com (VITC +27.1%) by Kroger (KR -0.2%).
- Retail analysts think deal looks like a strategic fit for Kroger with the e-commerce platform and linked fulfillment centers form Vitacost giving it plenty of new growth channels.
Jul. 2, 2014, 8:10 AM| Jul. 2, 2014, 8:10 AM | Comment!
Jun. 19, 2014, 8:46 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 8:33 AM
KR vs. ETF Alternatives
The Kroger Co operates retail food and drug stores, multi-department stores, jewelry stores, and convenience stores throughout the United States. It also manufactures and processes some of the food for sale in its supermarkets.
Other News & PR