Thu, Feb. 26, 8:14 AM
- Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) reports comparable-store sales rose 3.7% in Q4.
- Gross margin rate fell 14 bps to 33.88%.
- Operating income rate -33 bps to 10.32%.
- Merchandise inventory declined 1.55% to $3.814B.
- Store count +4 Y/Y to 1,162.
- FY2015 Guidance: Total sales: +1.8% to +2.8%; Comparable-store sales: +1.5% to +2.5%; Gross margin rate: +0 to +20 bps; SG&A expense: +1.5% to +2.5%; D&A: $940M; Interest expense: $335M; Tax rate: 37%; Diluted EPS: $4.40 to $4.60; Capex: $800M.
- KSS +2.26% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 26, 7:21 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:24 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:05 AM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:57 PM
- With October sales having been "softer than the balance of the quarter," Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) expects to report a 1.4% Y/Y drop in FQ3 comparable sales. FY14 (ends Jan. '15) sales are now expected to be at the low end of a $4.05-$4.45 guidance range; consensus is at $4.30.
- FQ3 children's comparable sales are expected to be up Y/Y, but other segments are expected to be down. Kohl's forecasts a 30%+ increase in e-commerce sales.
- The guidance cut comes ahead of Kohl's Wednesday investor conference.
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:48 AM
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:01 AM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 15, 2014, 7:02 AM
May. 14, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 27, 2014, 7:38 AM
- Total FQ4 sales of $6.099B fell 3.8% from a year ago, with comparable store sales off 2%. EPS of $1.56 compares to $1.66 a year ago. Last year's FQ4 included an extra week in which sales were $169M.
- Gross margin of 34% is up 70 basis points from last year.
- Fiscal 2014 EPS guidance of $4.05-$4.45 on total sales expected to increase 0.5-2.5%. Comparable store sales to increase 0-2%.
- KSS no trades premarket
- Press release, FQ4 results
- CC at 8:30 ET
Feb. 27, 2014, 7:13 AM| Comment!
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:30 PM| 1 Comment
KSS vs. ETF Alternatives
Kohl's Corp operates department stores that sell moderately priced exclusive and national brand apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty and home products. Itswebsite includes merchandise available in stores, and merchandise available only on-line.
Other News & PR