Thu, Aug. 13, 7:41 AM
- Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) reports comparable-store sales increased 0.1% in Q2.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 10 bps to 38.9%.
- Net income as a percentage of sales fell 250 bps to 3.0% on higher SG&A expenses.
- Store count +4 Y/Y t o 1,164.
- Previously: Kohl's misses by $0.09, misses on revenue
- KSS -7.3% premarket to $57.00.
Thu, Aug. 13, 7:02 AM
Wed, Aug. 12, 5:30 PM
Thu, May 14, 7:28 AM
- Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) trades lower after sales come in lower than expectations.
- Comparable-store sales were up 1.4% during the quarter.
- Gross margin rate +10 bps to 36.9%.
- Operating income rate -10 bps to 6.8%.
- SG&A expense rate flat at 24.6%.
- Inventory +4.6% to $4.165B.
- Store count +4 Y/Y to 1,164.
- Previously: Kohl's beats by $0.08, misses on revenue
- KSS -5.3% premarket.
Thu, May 14, 7:17 AM
Wed, May 13, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 26, 8:14 AM
- Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) reports comparable-store sales rose 3.7% in Q4.
- Gross margin rate fell 14 bps to 33.88%.
- Operating income rate -33 bps to 10.32%.
- Merchandise inventory declined 1.55% to $3.814B.
- Store count +4 Y/Y to 1,162.
- FY2015 Guidance: Total sales: +1.8% to +2.8%; Comparable-store sales: +1.5% to +2.5%; Gross margin rate: +0 to +20 bps; SG&A expense: +1.5% to +2.5%; D&A: $940M; Interest expense: $335M; Tax rate: 37%; Diluted EPS: $4.40 to $4.60; Capex: $800M.
- KSS +2.26% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 26, 7:21 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:24 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:05 AM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:57 PM
- With October sales having been "softer than the balance of the quarter," Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) expects to report a 1.4% Y/Y drop in FQ3 comparable sales. FY14 (ends Jan. '15) sales are now expected to be at the low end of a $4.05-$4.45 guidance range; consensus is at $4.30.
- FQ3 children's comparable sales are expected to be up Y/Y, but other segments are expected to be down. Kohl's forecasts a 30%+ increase in e-commerce sales.
- The guidance cut comes ahead of Kohl's Wednesday investor conference.
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:48 AM
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:01 AM
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
KSS vs. ETF Alternatives
Kohl's Corp operates department stores that sell moderately priced exclusive and national brand apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty and home products. Itswebsite includes merchandise available in stores, and merchandise available only on-line.
Other News & PR