Tue, May 19, 7:15 PM
- A recent court ruling could result in lower prices for drop-down assets sold to MLPs, which could turn into a win for MLP investors, WSJ's Corrie Driebusch writes.
- The ruling involved El Paso Pipeline Partners - now part of Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) - and the $1.1B it paid in 2010 for stakes in two businesses from its parent company; the judge decided it paid too much, and awarded investors $171M.
- Some money managers say the cost of drop-down transactions could begin to come down; with the ruling, perhaps sponsors of MLPs will “take a little extra time to evaluate the price” of the drop-downs, says the president of Salient Partners’ MLP Complex.
- ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, KYN, MLPL, TYG, SRV, KYE, CEM, MLPI, NML, FEN, NTG, MLPA, KMF, EMLP, FMO, MLPN, SRF, FEI, JMF, CBA, MLPX, GMZ, EMO, MLPS, TTP, CTR, AMU, CEN, GER, AMZA, SMM, MIE, DSE, ENFR, FPL, ATMP, JMLP, MLPW, IMLP, OSMS
Wed, Mar. 11, 4:33 PM| 1 Comment
Dec. 18, 2014, 8:19 AM| 2 Comments
Sep. 19, 2014, 12:33 AM| Comment!
Jun. 18, 2014, 6:48 PM| Comment!
Mar. 13, 2014, 10:38 PM| Comment!
Nov. 26, 2013, 8:54 AM
- Open for trade from Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GS) is the GS MLP Income Opportunities Fund (GMZ), the first closed-end fund ever launched by the firm. The fund raised $826.3M in its IPO.
- MLP ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, MLPL, YMLP, MLPI, MLPA, MLPN, EMLP, MLPS, MLPG, MLPY, MLPJ, MLPX, YMLI, AMU, ATMP, MLPW, IMLP, ENFR, MLPC
- MLP CEFs: CEM, FMO, JMF, KYE, KYN, NTG, SRV, TYG, TYN, TYY
Sep. 19, 2013, 11:28 PM| Comment!
KYE vs. ETF Alternatives
Under normal market conditions, the Fund will invest at least 80% of its total assets in securities of Energy Companies. The Fund will invest in equity securities such as common stocks, preferred stocks, convertible securities, warrants, depository receipt
Other News & PR