Loews Corporation: An Underperforming Conglomerate In Search Of An Activist
- Loews Trades at a Significant Discount to the Sum of its Parts.
- No Rationale Exists for Existing Conglomerate Structure.
- Poor Capital Allocation Decisions by Loews Senior Management over Past Decade Have Caused Share Underperformance.
- Poor Corporate Governance Practices Exist Which are in Dire Need of Reform.
- Single Class of Voting Shares Means Large Activist(s) Could Unlock Billions of Dollars of Hidden Value in Loews Shares.