Wed, Apr. 22, 7:49 AM
- Revenue breakdown: New vehicle retail: $1.01B (+74.0%); Used vehicle retail: $462.93M (+53.3%); Used vehicle wholesale: $62.21M (+45.7%); Finance and insurance: $64.60M (+63.0%); Service, body and parts: $173.48M (+65.8%); Fleet and other: $18.14M (86.1%).
- Gross margin rate declined 68 bps to 15.28%.
- Operating margin rate fell 35 bps to 3.80%.
- Total retail units sold +63.2% Y/Y to 54,827 units.
- Q2 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $1.55 to $1.59.
- FY2015 Guidance: Total revenues: $7.5B to $7.7B; Same-store revenues: $5.2 to $5.4B; New vehicle sales: +43.5%; Used vehicle sales: +36.5%; Service body and parts sales: +41%; New vehicle gross margin: 5.9% to 6.1%; Used vehicle gross margin: 12.6% to 12.8%; Service body and parts gross margin: 48.8% to 49.0%; Tax rate: 40%; Diluted EPS: $6.20 to $6.30; Average diluted shares outstanding: 26.5M; Capex: $100M.
Wed, Feb. 25, 8:34 AM
- Revenue breakdown: New vehicle retail: $1.07B (+81.8%); Used vehicle retail: $409.59M (+61.4%); Used vehicle wholesale: $59.87M (+59%); Finance and insurance: $60.06M (+66.9%); Service, body and parts: $172.4M (+71%); Fleet and other: $19.85M (179.2%).
- Gross margin rate declined 98 bps to 14.56%.
- Operating margin rate fell 77 bps to 3.68%.
- Total retail units sold +73.9% Y/Y to 53,626 units.
- FQ1 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $1.18 to $1.21.
- FY2015 Guidance: Total revenues: $7.5B to $7.7B; Same-store revenues: $5.2 to $5.4B; New vehicle sales: +41.5%; Used vehicle sales: +36.5%; Service body and parts sales: +41%; New vehicle gross margin: 5.9% to 6.1%; Used vehicle gross margin: 12.3% to 12.5%; Service body and parts gross margin: 48.4% to 48.6%; Tax rate: 40%; Diluted EPS: $5.95 to $6.05; Average diluted shares outstanding: 26.5M; Capex: $120M.
- LAD +2.97% premarket.
Oct. 15, 2014, 8:15 AM| Oct. 15, 2014, 8:15 AM | Comment!
Oct. 2, 2014, 9:40 AM
- There's more than passing interest in the auto retailer/dealership group over Warren Buffett's acquisition of Van Tuyl Group.
- Analysts have already tapped the sector as ripe for M&A opportunities before Buffett skipped into the fray.
- AutoNation (AN +2.2%), CarMax (KMX +1.5%), Sonic Automotive (SAH +3.5%), Lithia Motors (LAD +7.1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +3.4%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +3.5%), Asbury Automotive (ABG +5.5%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) are all higher in early action.
- Related: Strong comps at AutoNation.
Jul. 23, 2014, 2:59 PM
- Lithia Motors (LAD +4.7%) rises near 52-week highs after the auto dealership chain reported positive Q2 results and a sunny view of the rest of the year.
- Retail sales of new vehicles at locations open one year or more rose 12% in Q2 while retail same-store sales of used cars increased 11% over the same quarter last year.
- LAD projects Q3 EPS of $1.36-$1.38, with sales of $1.2B-$1.3B, and raises is FY 2014 EPS outlook to $4.95-$5, up from $4.57-$4.65 and $4.84 analyst consensus.
- LAD purchased the three new stores in Texas, Oregon and Alaska during Q2, which it says will bring in another $165M in estimated annual revenue.
Apr. 1, 2014, 10:50 AM
- Automobile industry stocks are on the rise as the early batch of reports on U.S. sales beat expectations on broad strength.
- Advancers: Lithia Motors (LAD) +2.1%, Asbury Automotive (ABG) +2.3%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.2%, America's Car-Mart (CRMT) +1.4%, CarMax (KMX) +1.5%, AutoNation (AN) +1.5%, Pep Boys (PBY) +2.2%, O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) +1.7%, Advance Auto Parts (AAP) +0.9%.
Feb. 6, 2014, 1:39 PM
- Shares of O'Reilly (ORLY +9.3%) are higher after the company surprises with its Q4 report to follow along with peer Advance Auto Parts (AAP +12.4%).
- The harsh winter weather appears to have created a pickup in demand at auto parts retailers and service centers.
- Sector movers: Pep Boys (PEP) +4.2%, AutoZone (AZO) +5.2%, U.S. Auto Parts (PRTS) +1.2%, LKQ Corporation (LKQ) +3.2%, Genuine Parts (GPC) +3.0%, Monro Muffler (MNRO) +2.7%, Lithia Motors (LAD) +3.8%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.0%.
Apr. 24, 2013, 9:07 AMLithia Motors (LAD) moves up 7.7% in premarket trading after roaring past estimates with its Q1 report and guiding FY13 numbers higher. Both new vehicle same store sales and used vehicle retail same store sales increased at an impressive 22% rate during the period. | Apr. 24, 2013, 9:07 AM | Comment!
Oct. 24, 2012, 8:00 AM
Jul. 25, 2012, 3:40 PM
Jun. 5, 2012, 2:43 PMLithia Motors (LAD +3.3%) gets a lift from positive comments out of Credit Suisse today, saying its risk/reward profile is attractive at current levels. The firm notes LAD is well positioned given its solid top-line growth, expense discipline, and gross margin profile. | Jun. 5, 2012, 2:43 PM | Comment!
Apr. 25, 2012, 10:58 AMLithia Motors (LAD +5.9%) trades higher after clobbering the estimates of analysts with its Q1 report and raising its full-year earnings guidance to $2.45-$2.63 a share, from a prior view of $2.06-$2.16. The company takes the stance that Q1 results support its case that a multi-year recovery in new vehicle sales is ahead. | Apr. 25, 2012, 10:58 AM | Comment!
Apr. 25, 2012, 8:26 AM
Apr. 3, 2012, 10:59 AM
LAD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR