There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Lazard Bank Poised To Benefit From Recovering Domestic And International Financial Markets
- Lazard should benefit from the upturn in the global M&A markets.
- The firm’s revenues are split equally between asset management and investment banking with the former set to expand dramatically as M&A’s increase off their historically low levels.
- The firm is well positioned in fast growing international markets and should take market share in both asset management and investment banking overtime.
- Given cyclical growth opportunities, and strong firm management, stock is a good buy for investors at today’s prices.
- Turnaround in global merger & acquisition activity on the horizon.
- 3 consecutive quarters of positive net inflows and earnings.
- Cost reductions = increased operating margins.
- Technical picture looks positive.
Lazard Looking to Sell U.S. Brokerage House -- ReportEli Hoffmann • Jul. 27, 2007
Tue, Jan. 7, 3:53 AM
- Stabilization in Europe, greater cooperation in the U.S. Congress, positive impacts from tapering, and modest economic growth paint a positive picture for rising advisory fee pools in 2014, Susquehanna says.
- "We expect industry fees to grow 10%-15% off 2013 levels and believe independent firms will continue to gradually take fee share. We still believe Evercore Partners (EVR) is the most attractive of the three advisory firms. EVR looks to have the most momentum based on recent announced deal trends coming into 2014."
- Firm is positive on EVR with a $67 one-year target, and neutral on Greenhill (GHL) and Lazard (LAZ).
Feb. 14, 2013, 8:41 AMHeinz (HNZ) is the only food company that can boast 30+ quarters of organic food growth, director Nelson Peltz tells CNBC, commenting on the acquisition. "I think there are many deals coming," Peltz says noting the negligible cost of money, which he notes explains his stake in Lazard (LAZ). "The M&A market is just getting rolling." | 4 Comments
Sep. 9, 2011, 10:28 AMLazard (LAZ -4.5%) shares stumble after Ticonderoga warns of a slowdown in M&A activity: "Debt concerns in both the U.S. and Europe have the potential to push out an M&A recovery at least six months and possibly more. Even if this proves too aggressive, it appears a new concern is tougher regulation around large mergers." | Comment!
LAZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Lazard Ltd, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a financial advisory and asset management firm worldwide. The company's Financial Advisory segment offers a range of services regarding mergers and acquisitions and strategic advisory matters etc.
Other News & PR