SA News • Jul. 30, 2014
- Almirall has actively worked to diversify its revenue streams, reducing its reliance on its home market of Spain.
- Aclidinium is a key drug for Almirall with sales potential close to $2 billion, but U.S. marketing partner Forest Labs has seen slow uptake and delays in a combo version.
- The acquisition of Aqua significantly expanded the dermatology business, and combined with an eventual combo aclidinium, Almirall should see strong sales and margin leverage.
There are no Transcripts on LBTSF.
Jul. 30, 2014, 3:18 AM
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) has closed on a deal to purchase the rights to lung drugs developed by Almirall (OTC:LBTSF), expanding the drug-maker's respiratory medicine portfolio.
- "Our agreement with Almirall brings strategic and long-term value to AstraZeneca's strong respiratory franchise, one of our key growth platforms," says CEO Pascal Soriot.
- The acquisition is worth up to $2.1B, with an initial $875M to be paid up front, and up to $1.2B in development.
LBTSF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR