Tue, Feb. 17, 7:34 PM
- Along with the release of form 13Fs comes news of purchases and sales of stakes in European mega-cableco Liberty Global (LBTYA).
- Coatue bought 1.4M shares to raise its stake in Liberty 34%, to 5.6M shares.
- Tiger Consumer sold 25% of its stake, leaving it with 1.5M shares.
- Today: LBTYA +0.7%, LBTYK +1.1%.
Fri, Feb. 13, 10:12 AM
- European cable giant Liberty Global (LBTYA) will pay €183.5M (about $209M) to a pair of companies who had raised issues with Liberty's €3B purchase of KabelBW.
- Deutsche Telekom (OTCQX:DTEGY) and NetCologne will withdraw litigation that might have led to the unwinding of the 2012 deal. German competition regulators have OK'd the arrangement after forcing another look at the purchase in 2013.
- Liberty class A shares are up 2.3% on the news on heavy volume so far.
Nov. 28, 2014, 1:07 PM
- Bloomberg reports Vodafone (VOD +2.6%) is exploring a "combination" with European cable giant Liberty Global (LBTYA +7.4%). Liberty has soared on the news.
- Liberty operates in 14 countries (12 in Europe), passes 52M homes, and claims 27M customers and trailing annual revenue of $20B. Vodafone has already acquired Spanish and German cable giants ONO and Kabel Deutschland, and has declared it wants to offer mobile/wireline bundles throughout Europe.
- Earlier: UBS upgrades Vodafone
LBTYK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR