There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Mon, Apr. 14, 4:25 PM
- SemiLEDs (LEDS) guides in its prepared remarks (.pdf) for FQ3 (May quarter) revenue of $4.3M-$4.8M; the sole analyst covering the company is expecting $5.03M.
- Thanks to inventory write-downs, FQ2 GAAP gross margin was -75%, a little worse than FQ1's -68%. Nonetheless, inventory only fell by $533K Q/Q to $10.8M (over 2x expected FQ3 revenue).
- SG&A spend fell 14% Y/Y to $2.26M, R&D spend rose 8% to $1.2M. The company's cash balance fell to $21.5M at the end of FQ2 from $28.1M at the end of FQ1.
- LED chip sales +117% Q/Q and 51% of revenue. LED components +6% and 30% of revenue. Lighting products -43% and 17% of revenue. SemiLEDs sees a shift towards LED component/packaging product sales relative to chip sales providing a margin boost going forward.
- FQ2 results, PR
Fri, Jan. 3, 3:02 PM
- SemiLEDS (LEDS +19.8%) and Revolution Lighting Technologies (RVLT +11%) break upward, with the move possibly sparked by a report by Lux Research which sees China's LED lighting market more than doubling to $7.4B in 2017.
- Lux believes LED lighting will grow at a CAGR of 24% through 2017, far outpacing the 5.6% CAGR of the overall lighting market. And, it forecasts residential LED sales to skyrocket at a CAGR of 92% to $310M in 2017 from $23M in 2013.
- The firm cites ongoing urbanization, local energy savings targets, and price cuts, all factors that make LED lighting tech more appealing.
Dec. 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
Oct. 1, 2013, 12:47 PM
Jul. 11, 2013, 9:11 AM
May. 31, 2013, 9:14 AM
May. 21, 2013, 12:47 PM
May. 21, 2013, 9:10 AM
May. 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
May. 1, 2013, 12:50 PM
Apr. 29, 2013, 2:34 PMLED stocks outperform as the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act gets introduced in the Senate. The bill, which provides incentives and mandates to get the federal government and businesses to adopt energy-saving technologies, doesn't feature loan program provisions that had led prior bills to draw heat from Congressional Republicans. Last year, Pres. Obama authorized $2B in spending on energy efficiency upgrades for federal buildings. CREE +2.4%. LEDS +15.9%. RBCN +2.2%. GTAT +6.8%. (bill text) (summary) | 2 Comments
Apr. 29, 2013, 12:56 PM
Apr. 11, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mar. 27, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mar. 26, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mar. 25, 2013, 12:47 PM
LEDS vs. ETF Alternatives
SemiLEDs Corp is a manufacturer of ultra-high bright LED chips in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. SemiLEDs specializes in the development and manufacturing of metal alloy vertical LED chips & UV using our patented and proprietary MvpLED (tm) technology.
Other News & PR